How many Lotus / Caterham 7s are there our there?

I didn't realise they moved it away from Caterham, Surrey. I used to live near their showroom at Caterham on the hill a few years back and used to see them flying around on test drives and sounding fantastic grin.gif

Caterham Cars Limited

Station Avenue,

Caterham, Surrey, CR3 6LB

SALES

Tel: +44 (0)1883 333700

Fax: +44 (0)1883 333707

Midlands:

Tel: +44 (0)1455 841616

Fax: +44 (0)1455 844299

<font color="red"> FACTORY, SERVICE & PARTS

CATERHAM CARS LIMITED

KENNET ROAD, DARTFORD KENT DA1 4QN </font>

PARTS

Tel: + 44 (0)1322 625801

AFTERSALES & SERVICE

Tel: +44 (0)1322 625804

NEW & PRE-OWNED CAR SALES ENQUIRIES

[email protected]

We are both right 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I didn't realise they moved it away from Caterham, Surrey. I used to live near their showroom at Caterham on the hill a few years back and used to see them flying around on test drives and sounding fantastic grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They still have the showroom etc in Caterham, at the bottom of the hill next to the train station and are often seen out on test drives. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone happen to know how many they churn out these days....

[/ QUOTE ]

Hethel was building around 3500 Elises per year, although I believe UK demand has slowed slightly over the passed few years. Approximately 23,000 Lotus Elises have been sold since the 1996 launch.

Caterham produces just under 1000 cars per year.

Ian

Thanks for info, particularly to Chri5 who wins the 'most informed response' award znaika.gif

Lotus 7 originally hit the road in 1957 so 50th anniversary next year! Must be thousands out there. I'll leave you lot to fantasise about 7's (or Elises Ian).

You'll be pleased to know that I got no help whatsoever from another less well known performance car community Flush.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone happen to know how many they churn out these days and, more interestingly, how many are still on the road or track? I imagine the first is quite a small number and the second is a rather large one.

Appreciate any informed responses.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a Lotus 7 meet (or use to be) once a month (1st Saturday) through the Summer months, in my village, I've spotted a few Beards amoungst them who could no doubt tell you everything you need to know, I'll find the dates pop over for a liquid lunch sometime... 169144-ok.gif