New Polo - Opinions

topgazza

My wife has an excellant yaris 1.3 which is in for some body work. She has 1.2 base 3 door Polo as a courtesy car. First impressions are , very quiet, nice inside (I like VW austere interiors and I have a Passat Highline Estate so I like VW's), decent stereo and it appears well built. Bad things seem to be very much over light steering, completely gutless (I would guess its the lower 54 bhp engine?). What is the genderal consensus here on the new Polo ?

...and they are not cheap either. Wife complained that she ran over a drain cover, whcih she does most days on the same road but the Polo nearly skewed over to the opposite side of teh road. Much too sensitive steering. Wonder if its a bit more solid on the other models

• 3 months later...

[ QUOTE ]

What is the general consensus here on the new Polo ?

[/ QUOTE ]

MrsTP has the 55 plate Polo TDi Sport (100ps) and it's a cracker. Very nippy, build quality is good and in 5 door mode it's an ideal second car. We installed the Dension iPod kit so the stereo is improved too. All in all, a top car. 169144-ok.gif

Yes, the 130ps TDi Polo was dropped when they launched the Polo GTi. I test drove the 130ps TDi Polo and the wheel spin was amazing !! In the end we opted for the 100ps as it's more than enough poke in a Polo as it's the second car. The R32 offers alternative fun !!! 169144-ok.gif