Windscreen Part #s?

Dan32

Had the windscreen replaced today by Autoglass and when drove off, noticed the rearview mirror wobbling slightly. Went back and they couldn't work out why (as the boss is pre-installed for them). Tried it on the old boss which was now in skip and it fitted perfectly. Wondered if they fitted wrong glass. Its going back next week for it to be fixed but wanted to check against another R32 so please could someone post the numbers printed on their windscreen. Ta

[ QUOTE ]

Cheers for that. Anyone know which are the important numbers as my new numbers don't quite match those.

[/ QUOTE ]

The original screen was:

Pilkinton VW 43R-001586

AS1M1444DOT682

. . 3 B

The replacment by Autoglass [ordered from VW against the VIN number] was the same number...

... except for the bottom row, which was ' . . 4 B '

the original screen had a blue tint....the replacement is grey(ish)

cheers 169144-ok.gif

I ended up PMing Ian and he has me slightly concerned as his numbers don't completely match mine. And my 'original' (could have been replaced before I bought it) was never blue and the new one doesn't appear to have any tint. Why is it always so bloody difficult. Cheers for all the help guys. And mine doesn't have a VW stamp on it.

Bottom corner on the driver's side, should be printed in black with the VW logo and Pilkington, then the part numbers. If you've got no fading tint at the top, then I reckon your screen's been replaced with a standard Golf screen, Danno. IIRC, you've not had it from new?

Called Autoglass head office. It is the wrong screen. Its green not blue that has been fitted. For future ref (although this could change next week when new screen is fitted) the model number with Autoglass, I've been told, is: 8558ABSN(or M as she wasn't clear)VZ where the 'B' refers to blue (although Ian_C thought the number was ABLMVZ at the end). Does everyone else with an OE screen have a graduated tint at the top then? She was as helpful as could be but on Autoglass database it just refers to 'Sports' model as opposed to specifically listing the R32. And is it important to have the 'VW' stamp or not, even if its made by the same company?

*Edit* They're ordering the screen direct from VW using my chassis number so it should be correct as long as VW know what they are doing ices_blah.gif

[ QUOTE ]

although Ian_C thought the number was ABLMVZ at the end)

[/ QUOTE ]

yelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Does everyone else with an OE screen have a graduated tint at the top then?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do, and I know it's never been changed.

[ QUOTE ]

And is it important to have the 'VW' stamp or not, even if its made by the same company?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, as long as it fits 169144-ok.gif

I'll let you all know next week as new screen being ordered from VW using my VIN. As far as I can tell, the VW stamp is dependant on who the screen was made by, so wouldn't worry too much, and the tint is a strange one. I never had one that I can remember so it could be down to build dates.