2 Days left Woohoooooo

Splendub

Hey guys, after selling my Gti been looking at quite a few R32's recently and have now found the perfect one put a deposit on her last week and am picking her up on wed/thurs this week. Really didn't want a silver one as my old golf was silver but its growing on me and the mileage on the car was too good to pass up.

Anyway, been looking at the increasing number of faults that these suppose to be reliable cars have and am getting a little worried. Mines getting the software upgrade at the moment but is there anything I need to check out which could be a future problem?

Any comments appreciated as I after spending so much money, I really dont want the wheels to fall off or something equally tragic. Ill post some pictures once ive given her a good scrub.

Cheers

The manual says 60 and the most I've ever stuck in the tank is just over 58 litres, but I'm not convinced about the "reserve" - like the 62 Beetle I used to have where you yanked the lever to switch to the reserve tank when you ran out... UHOH7.GIF

Cheers for the welcome GTiMK5. Im trying to work out how much im going to spend extra in petrol and ive given up. I tried to see what I could average on the test drive, wasn't too good, oh well. Mines getting the software upgrade today, Does anyone know exactly what it does?

my last car had a 80 litre tank (10 litre reserve), felt cheaper to run as i didn't need to fill her up as often, seem to be never out of a garage now, pain is the ass since it's a 10mile drive to the nearest one that does super.

bike.thumb.gif

I actually ran out of petrol on my second day of ownership (common occurance) and can confirm the 60 litre figure.

Nearly did the same on the day i collected the car. Managed to get 59.2 in TEN miles from the dealers.

smashfreakB.gif

Computer will indicate 0 miles remaining when there is less than 6 litres in the tank.