How to fit a MkIV R32 exhaust on to a GTI?

okeycokey

Hi everyone; this is my first post in this particular forum.

Wonder if you guys can help though. I've just sold my R32 exhaust (stock) exhaust to somone on Ebay and I believe he's going to put it on to his GTI (not sure what Mk, but I assume probably a MkIV or 3?)

Have any of you guys done this? and any hints as to how easy it is and what you need to do?

Much appreciated

beerchug.gif

I wouldn't expect it to fit even a Mk4 because of the different configuration due to 4WD. Milltek would know the answer or what the differences are. Seems a strange thing to do - I can't see what advantage an OEM R32 exhaust would give on a GTI. It won't make it sound like a V6!!

Looking underneath I think it would fit OK apart from the back of the car will have to be cut away (why we have no towing eye - if you look underneath you can see a gas axe was applied to the car) & a new bumper of course, then a new front bumper to even the car out, Oh & maybe some sills to join the 2 bumpers up.

Could probably do with some lowering too - so I would say that physically fitting the exhaust would be the easy bit !

Hope the payment has cleared before he reads this !

The only car the Mk4 R32 will fit straight onto is the V6 4Mo. The spare wheel well gets in the way, or they can cut this out. The standard rear silencer on the GTI sits on the nearside.

The exhaust will also send the lambda probes into a spin (a V6 4Mo owning TsN'r did this upgrade a while ago), so the buyer will probably have to do some jiggery-pokery on this front as well.

Get the money cleared via Paypal and run 169144-ok.gif