which GFx Card out of these 3?

Waylander

after a cheap upgarde for my radeon 9500pro

Please rank in order of speed etc for me:

Radeon X800SE 256MB

Radeon X700 256MB

Nvidia 6600GT 128MB

I know the SE is the cut-down version of the X800 but not sure how it stacks up against the X700, nor either of them with the 6600GT

cheers

In my opinion, from playing various games again (to test cards that I sell) such as Doom3, Swat 4, Unreal2, HL2 etc... The NVIDIA card is both smoother in operation (much less FPS dipping) and the image quality is much better too!

I remember reading an article a while back indicating that ATi were neglecting image quality in order to get greater speed - I believe this is still the case!

I'd go for the 6600GT, preferably the 256mb version if you can stretch to it. 169144-ok.gif

Differences aren't huge really. 128MB may cause jittering due to texture thrashing though.

SE versions often aren't that much slower than the full ones.

That extra 10-15% of performance costs $$$.

FPS dipping is usually due to something else as all those cards use similar internal rendering algs.

the cards are ones i have seen on fleabay that i interested in hence I was specific about the spec/memory etc; no real "need" for the upgrade TBH [cpu is "only" an XP3200+ and i dont play much gfx-intensive games but just figured if it were cheap enough then why not get more raw power for not alot more....[taking into account i'd then be selling the 9500pro of course]