Good News.....Bad News

Cuprabob

Ordered my R32 beginning of December and today my dealer has finally given me a confirmed build date of WK20 which is next week so I should have the car middle / end June which is great news wink.gif

And the bad news fekr.gif

However, although the car was ordered in Dec, the dealer wasn't able to place the actual order with VW until April which is after VW kindly increased the prices and my dealer, not be selfish, is kindly willing to pass the £495 increase to me, which of course I kindly refused. In my opinion and in the small print of the contract the dealer should have notified me of the price increase and give me the option to cancel my order within 14 days. Bearing in mind that this is a £29K car I personally think it's a cheek especially considering the discount I got when I bought the car which would only stretch to a beer or 2.

Has anyone else had this problem and did your dealer absob the cost or pass it on ?

If you agreed to price and placed an order at a time when the price was X, then the dealer can not pass the increase on to you. Dealers are scum bags.

Fortunately I've not been in that situation but I've heard of a few situations like this within my local area, so given the scope of that I'm sure its pretty rife across the UK.

smile.gif

if the contract states that the dealer should have notified you of the price increase and give you the option to cancel your order within 14 days and he didn't, then i would think that you could probably 'legaly' argue your case.

Wouldn't use the same dealer for servicing though.

123576-assfeck.gif

Thanks guys I'm going to fight it but I'll soon be running out of dealers at this rate. In the past I've bought my cars from that well known franchise all over Glasgow but had issues with regards to the quality of servicing on my Leon so i decided to go to a smaller local independent garage to order the R32.

Is there any good dealers out there ?

Maybe there is a business opportunity for a few people who want to set up a franchise based upon good honest service.

We'll see how it goes

Ordered with dealer end oct .... dealer ordered end March ... Wk21 .... no mention of price change yet ..... so hoping !

.... when do they need to inform you of price change ? ie can they say it gone up £500 since you ordered .... do you want to cancel !! ???? i presume not now I have build week....

I've had regular communication with the dealer with regards to the build date and there was no mention of the price increase. I knew there was one in january but didn't think it affected me because I ordered in December. Today the dealer phoned up with the good news that the car had been confirmed for WK20 and should be delivered by end of June and just after telling me that news they started on about the increase to which I replied "not my problem" it's between you and VW as I ordered the car at the price in Dec and it's nothing to do with me when it could be put on the system.

I then read the small print on the contract and it states that the dealer must notify you of any price increase and you have 14 days to respond in writing if you wish to cancel. It is my opinion that when the price went up in January the dealer should have checked outstanding orders and notified each customer of the increase and give them the option. The way it was done is like holding a gun to your head telling you once it's been confirmed. It's like going to pick the car up and the dealer is just about to give the keys and says "sorry it'll be another £500"

I actually thought the January increase was a bit of a cheek considering it just had been launched. VW must have known they were going to do so, therefore I don't understand why VW didn't just launch at current price and just have the increase on the rest of the range.

I think that delears and VW are preying upon the type of person who buys a R32 knowing that they have a particular passion and as such really want the car and are willing to pay a premium but I do think they are taking it a bit far

I think this all relates to when the order actually goes onto the factory system. If before the end of 2005, then old price - if after start of 2006 then new price.

But the dealers should be telling people what the actual price will be when the factory computer accepts the order - if that is not the case then as said above they may as well just pick a random price on collection day.

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks guys I'm going to fight it but I'll soon be running out of dealers at this rate. In the past I've bought my cars from that well known franchise all over Glasgow but had issues with regards to the quality of servicing on my Leon so i decided to go to a smaller local independent garage to order the R32.

Is there any good dealers out there ?

Maybe there is a business opportunity for a few people who want to set up a franchise based upon good honest service.

We'll see how it goes

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm friends with the Finance Manager at Western in Edinburgh...... can put you in touch if you like!! He sits above the salesman in the scheme of things so he's placed well to know whats going on in terms of costs, rates, etc etc.

smile.gif

Sixdegrees, thanks for the offer, the dealer in question is located in Ayr.

They gave me a call yesterday and said they would go 50:50 on this rise to which I neither accepted nor rejected but asked if that was the it and there were going to be no more suprises such as the £45 Road Tax increase since December. She said she would go and confirm and call me back. Called me back this morning to say that they would cover the price increase if I paid the £45 increase on the roadtax. I don't mind paying the £45 as that is completely outwith their and VW control.

If anyone else gets the price rise from their dealer please feel free to quote my case.

To be honest the sales woman is pretty good and fair, i think the issue is her Sales Manager. They told me they only decided to do this as a gesture of goodwill, more likely they remembered that I change my cars every 2-3 years and do about 25K miles a year while equates to a fair bit of service revenue. Or could it have been that I mentioned that I bought my current and previous 4 SEAT cars and servicing from the same sales person / dealer which are a combined VW / SEAT delership and only the only reason I bought the R32 from a new dealer is because, my current dealer gave me sloppy service on my dad's Polo. Who knows