Rattling in the boot (B6)

drpellypo

This is really properly doing my head in now. I've even got the the point of requesting the missus sit in the boot whilst I'm driving to work out where it's coming from. She declined, naturally.

It's coming from the boot area, and seems louder when I drop the back seats down. Isn;t consistent with every bump, but seems to rather happen when the chassis flexes?

It's like a knocking, but of very thing metal. Like there's something rattling around in the boot, but there's not.

Checked all scpare wheel bolts/toolkit etc etc, but still there.

Anyone any ideas?

[ QUOTE ]

Dodgy flexi mount for the exhaust allowing it to knock against bodywork?

Have had that on a Focus and 5-series - or maybe it was my spirited motoring wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It could be, but it sounds so much higher (and inside). Sound is funny like that though. It can appear to be coming from somewhere totally different.

Trip to the stealers me thinks. They can sort out all the other probs that have been there since it was brand new (it's only taken me three months to get them sorted..!)

• 1 month later...

It will probably be the metal frame work underneath the parcel shelf. It needs to go to the dealers and it is all wax oiled and then put back together. This also happens with the roof frame. There have been quite a few cases of this with the new Passats.

[ QUOTE ]

It will probably be the metal frame work underneath the parcel shelf. It needs to go to the dealers and it is all wax oiled and then put back together. This also happens with the roof frame. There have been quite a few cases of this with the new Passats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good bit of info beerchug.gif