Fuel injector problem, 2003 Laguna

M8CKN

My dash screen and voice synth are telling me "Fuel Injecton system faulty, consult your dealer".

The car is running fine with no recognisable faults.

This warning only comes on every 3rd or 4th time of starting the engine.

Anyone any views or advice before I book it in to the stealers, as I have a 1500 mile round trip to France to make in 2 weeks, and cant risk breaking down over there.

Alternatively, anyone know an independant Renault garage in West Yorkshire that wont 123576-assfeck.gif me? 169144-ok.gif

i've been in the Renault workshop for 22 years now & the injection plugs have never caused any problems, on any models! the closest you'll get to that it breaking the end off an injector trying to get the plug off!

if it was an injector or wiring problem you would certainly notice something as it would more than likely cause a misfire!

which engine does your car have in it?

and FYI a computer check on the Renault approved "clip" diagnostic machine is only .3Hr labour so shouldn't be too expensive wink.gif

if there are any stored (or present) faults in the computer memory these will be picked up on a clip test & your stealers should give you a copy of the printout if you insist on it!

if they want more than .3 they are trying it on the operation code is - 0311 - & time allowed 0.3 hours

hope this helps but it is impossible to diagnose an OBD fault with no symptoms over the net 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

the operation code is - 0311 - & time allowed 0.3 hours

[/ QUOTE ]

confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

if you go in to the stealers armed with that information it WILL save you money, they will know you have more of an idea than the average joe wink.gif

i think your problem will be a heater/glow plug gone down!

the OBD (on board diagnostics) will pick this up when the plugs are being used ie cold start first thing in the morning, i wouldn't worry about it at this time of year as its warm enough for a DCI to start & run well with minimal help from the heater plugs!

remember this is just a guess but i'd say i'm 90% sure thats what it will be beerchug.gif

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

sounds about right as they will need to reconnect the clip to reset the fault memory etc.

the part has actually come down in price this year, last year it was about£170 plus vat on its own so you picked the right time for it to fail

[/ QUOTE ] UHOH7.GIFbeerchug.gifsmashfreakB.gif

SAUER0421.GIF Car went in this morning, with me constantly reminding them I needed it back ASAP as I am of to France tomorrow and need to load it up.

Got a call at 12.30pm advising the car is dismantled ready to accept the new part, but they have broken it and cant get a new part until tomorrow morning!!!! SAUER0421.GIF

Why are they so feckin useless? sportifs2.gif

• 2 months later...

Well, the bloody car is up to its old tricks again.

In to the stealers today to have a repair done to the repair done to the continual problem with the fuel injection system.

This time, they have said it was the "shunt" which is in some way connected to the MAF, and nothing to do with the Turbo pressure sensor as before.

"£200 please", they said...."Forget it, Ill take it to an independant to be done" I said.."£160, which is the part plus 1 hr labour then" they said..."forget it" I replied, "£88 then, just the part with no labour, seeing as you are a good customer" (only due to continual problems..."leave it" I said, "I have had that much crap to sort on this car in the last 6 months, I am going to sell it soon"..."Ok, they said, pick it up in the morning and it'll have been sorted free of charge"!!!

Well, he was the worse barterer I have ever come accross, but at least the car is getting done....now anyone want a cheap Laguna?? ECLIPSe.gif

• 3 weeks later...

ITS HAPPENING AGAIN!!!

Mrs M8CKN just picked me up from work, and showed me the "Fuel Injection Faulty" sign on the dash display smashfreakB.gif

Got home and as soon as I got out fo the car I could feel heat from the engine bay.

I lifted the bonnet and the whole engine was very hot, and with the engine running there is a loud electrical sounding whine/buzz from the top left hand side of the bay.

As I will be doing the "Oh s**t, my wife is in labour" run to the hospital within the next week I am very concerned, not to say pssd off at the same fault repeating itself.

Anyone know what it could be, especially you Showtime as you helped me out last time?

Not a problem now.

After a lot of shouting at the dealers, they took the car on Friday monring and gave me it back yesterday fully sorted without charge. 169144-ok.gif

Apparently the wiring in the fuel injection system was damaged, but last time they tried to repair it...with electrical tape. smashfreakB.gif

I think they were embarassed in to sorting it

Car now runs well and with no hot engine and no warning lights.

Still have no faith in the car or the dealers though ROLLEY~14.GIF