Audi A4 Sport Cabriolet 2.4 Manual

Finished in Ebony black with full black leather

Climate control

17'Alloys

DIS

45813 miles

FSH on AVS

£16990 with 1-year VW warranty

I am driving it tomorrow - What do you guys think of the price ?

Any comments on the engine ? I do 7000 miles a year / 50%urban / 50% A-roads - Is 28 mpg achievable or I am dreaming ?

Thanks guys.

Silvercabmeister is your man for this. He has had a 2.4 Sport cab for a couple of years now I think covering 60k+ miles.

I'm sure he'll be along soon 169144-ok.gif

Re your questions, it's not expensive but it's not cheap either. If you're doing 7,000 mile a year the running costs won't be horrendous but the 2.4 is a thirsty beast and with your mix of urban and A roads, you can forget about 28 mpg I reckon frown.gif

I think the general opinion would be if you want a V6, then try and find a 3.0 even if it costs a bit more. That said, don't let that put you off if you see the right car at the right price 169144-ok.gif

For 7000 miles a year, a 2.4 is fine. Mind you, for 7000 miles a year, an 8.0 litre is fine too! grin.gif

I'm doing 25000+ a year (lots of motorways/dual carriageways) and the 3.0 returns 450+ miles from a tank.

Price seems good, but give it a drive and let us know what you think 169144-ok.gif

I had a 52 plate 2.4 until last year and it was a great car with a fab exhaust note and just enough poke to make it interesting. Key problem was excessive oil consumption which was remedied with 25 hours work by the master tech at Martins Basingstoke and involved completely changing the engine breather system. I would ask serious questions over this issue and check if the mod has been done. You might of course be lucky and have a 2.4 which does not burn more of the black stuff than an Iraqi oilfield.

I used to get 28 mpg average and more on a good run.

Breezy

Hi,

I seem to be at the same stage as yourself test drive various derivatives of cabriolets. I drove the 2.4 cab in Feb and it went pretty well, not lighting off the mark but smooth and refined. Spoke to a few of the guys on here and the majority recommended either the 1.8T for the instant ummmph or the 3.0 for the ummmph and the smoothness and refinement (obviously more expensive but nice). The price seems a touch high but I suppose with summer coming up its inevitable. The one I looked at in Feb was priced at £15900 and he was open to offers !...nice motor with leather, tracker and a few options etc. I personally am going to wait till end of sept/beginning of october before buying one as the prices will have calmed a bit and also I may get more for my money.

I have all of the original brochures plus prices lists with spec for the cab from introduction back in 2002 if you would like a copy of any lets know..... 169144-ok.gif

I have had my cab for three years now, getting a new 3.2 cab in July.

Overall I have been very pleased with the car, covered 80k miles to date and still scrubs up like new, mainly because I have kept the car garaged, serviced at the correct intervals and avoided getting any dents or kerbed alloys. All in all a very clean car.

With the spec on my sig, a relatively high spec, I was offered £14k trade in on my car against the new one. They will probably put it up for between £15-16k at best I think.

I have been getting, on average, 26-27mpg on motorway runs, using about 1 litre of oil every 5k miles. The best I have got is around 30mpg and I normally get about 350 miles on a full tank.

As my car , like your proposed one is an early model cab, I had problems with the CVT gearbox and I have had two steering racks fitted. At a minimum, you should check the service history of the car, see if the rack has been replaced etc.

Even with 80k miles on the car, it still drives like new, engine is very smooth and the 'sport' suspension is ideal as it is not too stiff.

However, as Chav will testify, if I were looking for a second hand cab, I would opt for the 3.0, better engine, lighter in weight due to the alloy cylinder head and returns slightly better if not similar fuel economy to the 2.4. You may find that the 3.0 will hold its value slightly better then the 2.4 as well.

Will be sorry to see my cab go, but looking forward to the new one FIREdevil.gif

Let us know how the test drive goes 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I have had my cab for three years now, getting a new 3.2 cab in July.

Overall I have been very pleased with the car, covered 80k miles to date and still scrubs up like new, mainly because I have kept the car garaged, serviced at the correct intervals and avoided getting any dents or kerbed alloys. All in all a very clean car.

With the spec on my sig, a relatively high spec, I was offered £14k trade in on my car against the new one. They will probably put it up for between £15-16k at best I think.

I have been getting, on average, 26-27mpg on motorway runs, using about 1 litre of oil every 5k miles. The best I have got is around 30mpg and I normally get about 350 miles on a full tank.

As my car , like your proposed one is an early model cab, I had problems with the CVT gearbox and I have had two steering racks fitted. At a minimum, you should check the service history of the car, see if the rack has been replaced etc.

Even with 80k miles on the car, it still drives like new, engine is very smooth and the 'sport' suspension is ideal as it is not too stiff.

However, as Chav will testify, if I were looking for a second hand cab, I would opt for the 3.0, better engine, lighter in weight due to the alloy cylinder head and returns slightly better if not similar fuel economy to the 2.4. You may find that the 3.0 will hold its value slightly better then the 2.4 as well.

Will be sorry to see my cab go, but looking forward to the new one FIREdevil.gif

Let us know how the test drive goes 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Will you be selling your car privately or are the stealers having it off you?, if private how much would you want for it ?

Cheers 169144-ok.gif