Tom Tom on the Passat

Durrsaku

Well i have just received the new Tom Tom Go 910 but not quite sure where to mount it on the Passat,

with its standard mount i tried the bottom of the windscreen but i find it is

too far away to see the map properly, I guess i might have to buy another mounting bracket

or something but where to put it?

Would appreciate if someone could post a picture of their set up. Cheers 169144-ok.gif

I too have mine mounted at the bottom of the screen in the centre and it is not a problem. It doesn't require you to take your eyes off the road and neither does it create a blind spot of any consequence.

Can't see there is any real alternative? Keen to see if you can find an alternative position.

My Passat was already fitted with a airvent mounted Nokia 6310i phone clip similar to a Brodit that I originally intended to remove but having realised the practicality of this position for a phone and its surprising rigidity I instead bought a Nokia off ebay and am delighted with both.

Whether a Brodit will be strong enough for the much heavier satnav remains to be seen but you will then have the problem of having to leave the Brodit in place, advertising the fact that you have a satnav possibly in your glovebox. The airvent fitting isn't an item easily removed. The windscreen suction device is very easy to remove/refit and then doesn't advertise your satnav for a possible breakin.

I use CoPilot 5 on a PDA. I never need to look at the screen but listen to the voice intructions. Avoids the need for any mounting bracket adverts. I use a lead to keep it charged from the power socket in the dash. Bluetooth reciever sits in the boot.

People break into cars thinking the Sat nAv gear has been stored in the glove box even when it isn't but the damage is already done. Its becoming more common