My S8 just went BANG!

stevebower

I have just had a 'brisk' (ECLIPSe.gif) 15 mile drive around some country roads and parked up. A few seconds later, there was a loud bang from under the car. shocked.gif

What could it have been??

I did wonder about unburnt fuel in the cat, though I have a slow 200m stretch before parking. The car restarts without any warning lights.

Steve

bit hard to guess this one without havng heard the actual noise!

often after quick driving i park up & the cars tick like time bombs for about 20 minutes as everything cools & settles again!

it wouldn't be unburnt fuel in the cats anyway as unless you had lost spark on a cylinder or 2 the engine would have completely combusted all the fuel anyway, the oxygen sensors in the downpipes see to that 169144-ok.gif

was it the car moving slightly on the handbrake as the pads cooled? a slight movement on the brakes (while applied) makes a banging noise?

take it to your local Kwik fit & get them to put it on the ramp to inspect the cats, ask them if you can get under for a nose around, then just decline the offer of all the uneccesary work they will say your car needs 169144-ok.gif