French Rivera

djcool

I'm looking for a suitable hotel to stay in for a few nights on the French Rivera.

Ideally between the towns of Montpellier - St. Tropez and out of the city in a smaller town/village. Within easy walking distants (<5 minutes) from a nice sandy beach.

Can anyone reccomend something? Searching the internet is driving me insane, 99% of hotels seem to be slap bang in the middle of a city.

Ok most of the hotels are very expensive if booked direct. But Expedia and the like have good deals most of the time.

The old Lowes hotel now called Fairmont Monte Carlo is the hotel over the tunnel on the race track. A bit old now and a little formal but nice views over the med.

I last stayed in the Hotel Port Palace. Its an all suite hotel, only 2 years old. About 60 rooms and the service is very good. It is on the left side of the harbour (if you look out to sea from the start finish straight) and all rooms look onto the harbour. The restaurant is excellent (if pricey, I spent a lot on my girlfriends birthday meal, but was drunk at the time so did not look at the price until the bank statement came in!) and has a nice harbour view as well.

David Coulthard's hotel, The Columbus, is not right in the town and feels a little away from everything even though MC is small.

The Meridien Beach Plaza has its own private beach if you want that and is a little past the main town towards Italy, but closer than the Columbus to everything.

I can also recommend Zebra Square restaraunt for somewhere nice and not too pricey to eat.

• 2 weeks later...