EPC Light and ESP Lights on and no power.

Cleybrooke

Travelling at around 70 mph and over taking a big artic everything started to go very slow…

EPC light and ESP lights both came on and the revs died. Bit of a moment when you realise your having a break down while over taking because at that stage committed to getting in front of the truck but realised I’m going slow down badly in front of him…He is so not going to be happy.

Anyway pulled over safely and found that the revs would only reach 1500 – clearly a “get you home” mode for the EMS. Of course with any electronic fault the first thing to try is a reboot. Restart the engine and it now revs happily again – but the EPC light is still on.

Now then. Clearly I need to take it in to be looked at but (and here comes the big admission) I’m feeling guilty because I was low on fuel yesterday and no Shell Garage close by and a I, and I (difficult to admit this) I filled up with £15 of cheap nasty Morrison’s petrol. Is my car trying to say something to me or is something more serious?

Get it diagnosed - either at a dealer's or by someone with Vag-Com 169144-ok.gif

Limp mode doesn't have a rev ceiling, it just cuts boost to the point where your car wheezes along and takes an age to rev. It will still get to the redline in limp mode though (after about a week!).

It will have a fault code stored (EPC light still being on means something still isn't right though) so have it read and see what it says - VAG fault codes are very specific smile.gif