<font color="orange">14.</font> Klien

<font color="orange">15.</font> Liuzzi

<font color="orange">16.</font> Speed

<font color="red">17.</font> Monterio

<font color="red">18.</font> Albers

<font color="red">19.</font> Sato

<font color="red">20.</font> Montagny

<font color="red">21.</font> Coulthard No Time

<font color="red">22.</font> Villeneuve <font color="#666666"> - Engine Pen </font>

[ QUOTE ]

I've just been watching the British touring cars on Sky seeing Plato trounce the others in the Seat Leon and enjoyed it much more. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, much better motorsport.

It also makes a completely mockery of anyone who reckons he can't drive and that Top Gear have the better test drivers over Fifth Gear. Utter rubbish. Between him and Tiff Needell they obliterate the driving skills of any other programme.

I have 2 reasons for watching 5th gear.

1: a real sense of testing as the presenters can actually drive

2: VBH is a hottie.

went to see the BTCC at outlon last year and found it to br brilliant - 3 superb races for £20, not to mention all the support races. Had jason plato skid off and drift right past me, after going through old hall 3 abreast. Personally i think plato is arrogant, and i by far prefer matt neil, but he sure can drive.

It's been a good race and you're right, he is a great driver. The two Seats (Plato and Thompson) had 1st and 2nd places and the others were at best, 1.5 seconds behind them - they just flowed through corners, although amusing when Plato didn't see a tyre wall. grin.gif

The other cars even when helped by the safety car didn't compare too well. It was a good race too - I liked it how some were nudging each other out the way grin.gif

F1 is just a bore now.

Good racing from the BTCC, I'm still not impressed at how they nurf thier fellow racers from behind when braking to get them out of the way. I'm all for a bit of paint swapping, but that's just dirty driving. NONO3.GIF

If I had my way with F1 then the first thing I would do is ban refuelling. This is what is making F1 into a procession and the drivers been lazy. They can overtake when they want to, Silverstone 03 and Suzuka 05 come to mind. But why overtake and risk loosing a wheel wing, when you can make the difference in clear air when the guy in front has pitted?

F1 should be the pinnacle of technology within motor sport, and part of that challenge should be making a car fast that’s fat of fuel and also quick towards the end of the race. Also it would sort the men from the boys race craft wise, as we saw last year with no tyre changes.

I would personally like to see less technology in F1 - well less computers. drivers should have reduced traction control and perhaps introduce regualtions to make it more mechanical, with less remote control - let it be more down to driver skill.

They need to bing back turbo-charging...

in the good of days of mansell, senna and prost they could turn the boost up and down... the offset was petrol.. turn it up.. use more fuel and visa versa..

made for great racing.

If you brought back turbo charging then we would probabaly only have a 5 races a season. As the speeds would be too high for tracks like Spa, Silverstone or Monza thats why they were banned from 1989 onwards.

Can you imagine a 1992 Williams with a turbocharger? You way as well of just stuck the driver in a coffin.

Wasn't the best of raced today. Which is a shame because the first few IMO where excellent and had everything that F1 should stand for.

I'd agree that re-fueling should be banned again and maybe even stop tyre changes as well.

Not getting bored for the Jenson interviews as I'm a fan of his I have to say and I think he is an excellent driver. He just needs to get a win or two under his belt and he will be a force to be reckoned with.

Not watched the touring cars yet but I've got that saved up for later. 169144-ok.gif

At least half the tracks in F1 struggle to offer decent overtaking opportunities, so as with today’s race and San Marino the other week we end up with a precession of very fast laps but very little excitement.

However I don’t agree with the Touring cars offering the best racing.. it seems that in order to pass you follow very closely behind and punt the guy in front under breaking therefore making him under steer and over shoot…of course you also try the other well used overtaking manoeuvre which consists of getting along side, a bit of paint transfer and essentially physically shunting them off the racing line to make way for your own ‘taxi’..sorry racing car.

F1 has it’s issues but so do most motorsports, with 4 wheels. I love F1 but that’s because its so much more than just racing on the track.. if racing was all I was interested in I would watch MotoGP and the World Super Bikes and be happy with that.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Barcelona is always dire for entertainment. Just wait until monaco in 2 weeks time.

[/ QUOTE ]

what?

Monaco is one of the sh*ttest GP races to watch on telly. It is all about the glitz but there is bugger all racing in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have missed last years race then?