Breaking Her In Gently!

I collected her on Saturday. Only done about 70 miles but managed to take a few swift photo's before she got too grubby! Linky

First impressions - much much better than what I anticipated. Such a comfortable driving position and fantastically detailed cabin. I just love it all lit up at night! Obviously not driving it hard but couldn't resist throwing her around a couple of quiet roundabouts...grip is amazing. shocked.gif

The only thing I would like to see improved is a proper seal all the way around the engine bay where the bonnet closes - me just being fussy I'm sure. grin.gif

I also notice two red bright LED's at night near the rear view mirror, I assume these are just to cast a nice red glow over the gearshift area?

My dealer (Ridgeway Newbury)was excellent: Spare oil, Bottle opener, flowers for Mrs TT. The car was beautifully prepared - no swirls and was reversed into the showroom so I could inspect easily...also a nice touch to be able to drive a brand new car out of the showroom! No GTI manual binder but didn't query as not particularly fussed about that.

I also met in person my first TSN'er....'boarder' (Chris) who is awaiting collection of his R32 next Saturday. (Was great to meet you Chris!)The dealer knew we had both had communication via TSN and introduced us to each other!

Day off work tomorrow...I nice long drive somewhere me thinks! ECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I also notice two red bright LED's at night near the rear view mirror, I assume these are just to cast a nice red glow over the gearshift area?

[/ QUOTE ]

TT....the Monaro has a Green LED pointing directly towards the gear stick and is located just to the left hand side of the rear view mirror, so I ae that the 2 red LEDs on the Golf are doing the same thing 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Hi TT - I see you are in the Basingstoke area. Had dinner at 'The Pineapple' pub, Brimpton Common, near Tadley on Saturday night - Excellent food.

[/ QUOTE ]

Red, I used to live only 1/2 mile away from the pineapple (Baughurst) - it was my local! Haven't been there for almost a year but good to hear the food is still excellent. 169144-ok.gif

Very nice car. Great colour! Blimey a family website... please tell me its a family website for the cars.... confused.gif

AS for breaking her him. Let rip after 600 miles, you dont want a tight engine... Just stick to fixed interval 10k servicing and drive her hard every now and then. Enjoy jump.gif

Hi PD - the mats were ordered from Autostyle Link . I went for the expensive 'Diplomat' with optional driver heelpad and logo's. They do have the correct GTI logo font at Autostyle(mine is the incorrect one you may have noticed frown.gif). I have used Autostyle many times before and their mats are of a very high quality - much thicker than the standard VW mats. If you want to specify logo colour, you're best phoning them to place your order rather than web order. You can specify mat colour and binding seperately. A bit costly at approx £110 but worth it in my opinion as you'll never wear them out and they clean up a treat 169144-ok.gif