Audi OEM Ipod adaptor ?

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the OEM Audi IPOD adaptor ? I need to be able to play via the Ipod controls and not via the 1-6 playlist controls and cant seem to find this option confused.gif i know you can do it using the Denison but am beginning to think this isn't possible on the OEM audi version.

The user manual doesnt shed any light on this shocked.gif

Cheers,

Al.

On mine, as soon as you plug the OEM lead into the ipod, you lose the functionality of the centre wheel on the ipod. You can only flick through the songs via the Head Unit, via play lists or on Shuffle if you have set it to Shuffle before you connect it. Shuffle then runs as the default Play List 6 that it always reverts to.The ipod seems to only display the track details. Hope this helps. crazy.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A quick question - I fitted a Dension icelink to my Audi S4 with RNS-E, but de-installed it, as I would like to be able to SEE the name of the track I'm playing on the RNS & DIS, as well as controlling it. Obviously, i could not do this with the icelink.

Can anyone with RNS-E and the Audi iPod adaptor confirm whether you can see the track names on the RNS-E, as i have a new RS4 on order, with the iPod adaptor, but will cancel if necessary.

Thanks,

James W

The track name doesn't appear on the radio/dis with the OEM kit.... the only real noteable difference is a little Audi logo appears on your Ipod when you plug it in. It treats the Ipod like a CD changer, with the disk numbers relating to play lists. I don't think it's something that will work on this generation of radios no matter whose kit you use.

The track name CANNOT appear on any interface that uses the CD changer connection.

The CD changer connection does not support anything other than track number, no CD text, nothing else, ...

The only way to get track names to appear would be to get someone to develop an iPod interface that connects over the CAN bus and CD changer (like the Audi satellite radios do in the US).