Electric heated folding mirrors

BOSE

6 CD

Coolbox

Acoustic park aid

Wind deflector

Interior light pack.

Paid £32,300

Trade in value on new A3 £25,500 f**k off, my response you will have to do better with the same car on the forecourt without heated seats or wind deflector for £29995.

See the New A3 review in the A3 forum.

AZ

You'll never get a very good deal downsizing at a main dealer. You are far better off selling privately. On that topic, I would make sure your ad is published before this heatwave ends.

Normally not a fan of signs in the window, but this is a perfect time for spontaneous buying, so a sheet of A4 "FOR SALE - £xxxx" and a mobile number in the window when you park up is worth a punt.

I have it in Autotrader for £28250 which is a bagain I reckon. I think the Audi delaer will come back with a better bid most likely £26000. The question is do I loose a potential £2000 by not selling privately. Or trade in at £26000 against the A3 2.0 FSI Sport with leather seats, heated seats, BOSE, 6 CD, Acoutsic parking aid, metallic paint, centre arm rest & illuminated vanity mirrors for £22,000 and pocket the £4000.

AZ

Az, when did you get your car? Dealer p/x does sound a bit low, but if they're having to give you money you can kind of understand why. They usually prefer it the other way around!! laugh.gif

I love the spec of your car, pretty much spot on what I'd have if money were no object. I'd stick with my Moro blue though, for me still the best colour of the lot.

AZ

I'd try Fontain Audi. They beat the best price Audi offered me and were great to eal with. Sure I could have got £800-£1000 more from a private sale but didn't want the hassle. BTW they had sold it within 3 days!!!

Also try Amersham Audi- they seem to have more (and sell more) Cabs than any other squealer in the South.

Dinky

Was talking to my dealer the other day. He will get 30 cars allocated this year compared to only 10 he used to get of the old 80 cab, so residuals of the A4 Cab may not be as rock solid. Having said that, prices are holding up really well (and mainly he thinks weather related, he had two demos which hung around for weeks over Christmas and sold immediatley the sun came out in spring).

The clever money is in 1.8T Sport with no other extras (yes even cloth is OK, well done Ari). No rocket science here, less money invested up front is less money lost later. Current delivery for new cars is Nov/Dec so used market very strong with people looking to get something out of this summer - so sell now or hang on!

Sorry to hear your dealer is offering you such a Cr@ppy price, but I would echo the comments of earlier posters, in that dropping any new car within the first 12 months is usually a costly option (unless there's a 2 year waiting list!).

Well worth having a look at the whatcar.com depreciation index. This allows you to produce graphs etc showing what the likely depreciation will be on any new car during the first 4 years. Don't know where they get their info (probably Glass's or similar), but it's a useful barometer.

For me, the figures show that you lose more cash the more you spend, and that depreciation is always heaviest in year 1. I also think that extras, whilst adding to resale 'desirability' are never repaid in full, and depreciate more quickly than the car itself.

For info, here is a summary of the main figures from whatcar.com - based on the Sport version, with no other extras:

Model 1st year loss (%) 3 year loss (%)

3.0 Sp £5,760 (19.9%) £11,004 (38.0%)

TDI Sp £4,729 (17.0%) £9,938 (35.7%)

2.4 Sp £4,693 (18.0%) £9,534 (36.5%)

1.8T Sp £4,581 (18.0%) £9,285 (36.5%)

Figures for non-Sport models are same percentage depreciation, but obviously slightly less cash loss (yes, well done again Ari)

Let's put this in perspective: relatively speaking, a 19.9% drop in year one is not a lot compared to a Ford Mundano. But nearly £6K is still a bit eyewatering. When I looked at these figures before buying, I took the view that this had to be atleast a 3 year ownership period, as the 3 year residuals are superb. - For you AZ, you'd lose less in years 2&3 combined than in year 1!

If you do go for the A3, bear in mind the same principles re extras, and how long you will own the car for...

Bizarrely, in pure depreciation terms, rather than selling a one-year-old Cab to buy a new A3, you may find it cheaper to keep your Cab for another 2 years and buy a 2 year-old A3!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Figures for non-Sport models are same percentage depreciation, but obviously slightly less cash loss (yes, well done again Ari)

[/ QUOTE ]

beerchug.gif

Good advice there though Mal, I'm certainly planning on keeping mine for three years at the moment.

Sold mine after 11 months and 11,000 miles. Managed to "only" loose 11.2% over the period plus didn't have to renew tax etc. Also concerned that revisions to it (6-speed box, potentially dropping 2.4 etc) plus high supply (there are a lot around London) could see residuals fall more.

Having said that Amersham Audi has year old examples marked up at as new prices. Not sure what they actually achieve though..................

Dinky

Downside is I'm driving an A class with EasyW@nk on the side

ECLIPSe.gifSLEEP5.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

You werent at Tesco in Reading today were you HCUK?

there was a red 2.4 there. First time I seen the cab in red. I looked faaaantastic! I keep seeing them in blue and silver which look beautiful, but the red is a whole other ballgame

[/ QUOTE ]

No it wasn't me, but I have to agree the Amulet is superb.

It's the first time I have had a 'flat' colour in years, but as soon as I saw the Amulet in the showroom I knew it was the colour for me. Its such a rich classy red as opposed to a bright brash red grin.gif

Thanks

PS my car is instantly recognisable as it will be parked on a totally empty part of any car park jump.gif

Likewise have Amulet Red - I too was completely bowled over by it when I saw an example in the showroom.

I came along all ready to pay the extra £400-odd quid for either Moro Blue or Dolphin Grey (both of which are lush too), but had to order the Amulet when I saw it - still can't believe it was free!!!

In the weeks leading up to delivery I started having 'buyer's remorse' over the colour as, in my head, it was becoming more and more brash and orangey. Needless to say, my fears were washed away on delivery.

Still can't walk away from it without having a little peek (and a smile) over my shoulder. It's a classy motor.

And, HCUK, I also park miles from anyone at Gym, Supermarket etc. In fact I'm the inconsiderate Bu**er who straddles 2 spaces so as my motor doesn't get scratched...

jump.gif

It's like a deep crimson/raspberry colour

Oooh, contentious! Might have been someone like me doing the scratching, then (even if only accidentally): at least back when I had the K-reg Honda, anyway (nowadays I wouldn't risk my own paint, but I'd still curse the straddler).

I tended to take the view that if people can't park straight and take up more than their fair share of space, they do so at their own risk and deserve all they get... NONO3.GIF

Tell you what pisses me off, when you park in a quiet car park miles away from anyone with loads of spaces around you and then someone parks right up close alongside you anyway!! rocketwhore.gif

Why do they do this? Why not pick one of the other 100 spaces with nothing either side!!?? smashfreakB.gif

I always park in Mother and baby parking spaces or disabled!! Why aren't all parking slots like that. I can't bear the thought of my immaculate amulet red bodywork getting scratched.

On the topic of amulet red I think it looks at it's best in slightly overcast conditions or at dusk - great colour for a non metallic. smile.gif

Mark-Yorkshire

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I always park in Mother and baby parking spaces or disabled!!

[/ QUOTE ] NONO3.GIF

I think there should be special "Well cared for and loved car bays" grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Now thats a good idea! And you could extend this.

How about 4X4 bays which are raised up on rocky bits they have to 4X4 up? "Lets offroad"!

Or Max Power bays down the end with enough room for doughnutting a slammed Nova?

The possibilities are endless...!