2.0 GT TDi - Whats it worth?

_Tone_

Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me approx value of a 45000 mile GT TDi (2 Litre 140BHP) manual with mettalic black paint and front arm rest. It was regged June 04 so not quite 2 years old yet obviously another years warranty sat there as well.

I have been given a range of values but I am a bit confused with the variety of values.

Thanks

W

[ QUOTE ]

Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me approx value of a 45000 mile GT TDi (2 Litre 140BHP) manual with mettalic black paint and front arm rest. It was regged June 04 so not quite 2 years old yet obviously another years warranty sat there as well.

I have been given a range of values but I am a bit confused with the variety of values.

Thanks

W

[/ QUOTE ]

Post you range of values and we'll comment!!!!!!!

I guess, based on book prices, some of the values you've been given are a tad low for your liking, but book seems to be based on 10-12k miles per year and you've clocked up over double that so PX / Trade will reflect that!

The 1 years warranty will appeal to a private buyer but no so much a dealer, and any options other than Leather or Sat Nav don't add anything to px / trade either.... except when a dealer comes to sell it on.

smile.gif

Yes there is still a good warranty on the car!

Well I didnt wan tto post the numbers but I was offered £10k by Wayside MK for a cash buy, I would get a lot more if I was buying another car - but I suggested they didn't try to sell me another VW unless they liked hospital food.

I went on the usual trader sites - they suggest £13k+ I just ordered a new car and the dealer looked in Glasses for me (two days ago) and said it was worth £12k with that 45k miles.

I will want to get rid of it in June so I needed some help at what price to move it on.

I will be selling my Phatbox seperately so whats a £700 (fitted) Phatnoise system worth (for VW) these days??

Cheers

W

[ QUOTE ]

Yes there is still a good warranty on the car!

Well I didnt wan tto post the numbers but I was offered £10k by Wayside MK for a cash buy, I would get a lot more if I was buying another car - but I suggested they didn't try to sell me another VW unless they liked hospital food.

I went on the usual trader sites - they suggest £13k+ I just ordered a new car and the dealer looked in Glasses for me (two days ago) and said it was worth £12k with that 45k miles.

I will want to get rid of it in June so I needed some help at what price to move it on.

I will be selling my Phatbox seperately so whats a £700 (fitted) Phatnoise system worth (for VW) these days??

Cheers

W

[/ QUOTE ]

£10k is too low. I'd have thought around the £11.5k mark with the mileage would've been acceptable for a trade in, seeing as it a TDi which means a) higher reseiduals tha petrol and b) 45k is nothing for a diesel engine.

169144-ok.gif

Well initially I did have a lot of issues with the car - they ahve all been resolved now and to be honest its running sweet!

BUT I was really unimpressed with the supplying dealer and their attitude. I complained to VW Head Office in Milton Keynes and the lady was nice and she tried to get the dealer to change their stance on a couple of issues but it never worked and they continied to wind me up even more.

I told them that I would get rid of the golf in due course and never spend my hard earned cash on a VW for as long as I live.

I have ordered a Boxster - delivery in November we have an A3 2.0tdi DSG Sport and its been bullet proof. So we will hang onto that and enjoy it.

I will be selling the Golf next month now - I have someone interested although his upper limit is 11k so I really need to consider what I am prepared to let it go for.

10k was a total piss take - but then what would anyone expect from a dealer?

Cheers

W

Well chaps

I went on autotrader and did my own survey last week. There were 30 or so 2004 04 2.0Gt TDi's ranging from £11500 to £15995! The average was £13300 with an average 35k miles.

I have put mine up for sale at £12995 ono in the classifieds and its on Pistonheads as well.

If anyone is interested let me know!

Tone