RS4 Test Drive

Booster

Just been on a 40 mile test drive is the p1ssing rain!

Wow, what a car laugh.gif. Those of you that have them or have one on order are very lucky feckers! Mrs Booster came with me and also had ago. She loved it!

Love the gearbox and the brakes and the way the seats "hug" you when you press the Sports button. The acceleration is phenomenal! Exhaust note sounds beautuful!

Happened to be followed by an AMG CLK who was wanting to play! Had a bit of fun with him along the A50! The car is a real licence loser though. I was doing silly speeds without even realising!

Thought the whole car was an absolute peach! One thing I thought was a bit cheap though was the plastic at the bottom of the steering wheel frown.gif

The noise in the convertible will be incredible! Daz, are going to have something very special!

Need six numbers to come up on the lottery this weekend grin.gif

Edit: Forgot to say that I also saw round the back of the garage a VERY smashed up Q7. My mate had taken a guy out in it last Thursday and he drove straight over a central reservation taking out the whole front end, snapping the offside front alloy and axle!! They have no idea when the parts will be available to fix it and it could be off the road for three months! Bet he's popular!

I wonder if it is anything to do with static charges? On the Monaro CV8, the steering wheel has aluminium spokes and inserts and most owners have reported getting constant static shocks from it. Just wondering if this is the H&S concern?

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: Forgot to say that I also saw round the back of the garage a VERY smashed up Q7. My mate had taken a guy out in it last Thursday and he drove straight over a central reservation taking out the whole front end, snapping the offside front alloy and axle!! They have no idea when the parts will be available to fix it and it could be off the road for three months! Bet he's popular!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the problem is that Q7s in the UK at the mo are LHD and they are wide - watch out if you see one coming towards you in the next eight weeks or so before we get the RHD ones!

Agree with you Booster, less keen on the gearbox but the engine is so flexible in traffic/lunctions it's a bit acedemic !

Plastic steering wheel lets it down, silver suede would have been better.

Could aluminium be a no-no -- static electricity and airbags ??

• 2 weeks later...