[Audi A3/S3] Some advice on A3 S-Line please

lottiefox

Hi all,

Just venturing into the A3 forum!

My best mate is looking to order a new A3 in the near future. She is changing from a Golf TDi that she has a buyer for, and wants a 2.0 TDi A3 Sportback with DSG. She is pondering which one to go for - I've said the S-Line looks fabulous, but she is worried it will be too firm in terms of its suspension. She isn't someone who wants to compromise comfort for looks/handling, but wants a well handling car that is also comfortable as she does 25K miles a year. She is off to test drive the different derivatives but keeps saying SE/Sport/S-Line to me....does anyone have views on the S-line handling and feel?

She wants leather and alcantara heated seats (whether standard or extra), BOSE, park assist, folding mirrors....

She was thinking of a pale blue one but I've got her onto Mauritius at the moment, or maybe black. She has a silver car now so the silvers seem to be dismissed.... ROLLEY~14.GIF

Any advice or comments on the S-line driving feel appreciated for her!! grin.gif

Hmmm, I guess the S-Line is quite stiff, but it's what you're used to. You can only test them and see which suits really.

As for colour, how can you mention silver - at least you're considering some paint on top! grin.gif

The S-Line is stiff but certainly doesn't bang and crash, I find it better than the standard suspension, and to be honest it does look 'meaner' than something on a standard ride height.

BTW if she goes for the S-Line Special Edition then Avus is a no cost option

I drive both my car (see sig) and a 2.0TDi Sport, she sounds like she would prefer the ride of the sport, the S-Line is a hard ride, anyone that says otherwise is kidding themselves.

Don't get me wrong I like it, and the increased level of handling afforded with the S-Line is wicked but it is hard.

I have a Sportback SE with 17" Star Alloys and that is hard enough for me, especially on the UK roads. I found the Sport too hard.

If she wants comfort the SE has all the toys for her 25K per yr - armrest, cruise control, auto lights and wipers etc.