Warrenty issues

WHIZZER

You could get the strut top mounts and bearings checked, but if the dealer doesn't think they need replacing, they won't.

Also, unless the ECU has an error logged with the MAF sensor, they won't replace it either.

The majority of other stuff that goes wrong is generally not covered by warranty due to wear and tear (e.g. arti-roll bar bushes etc).

Check the thread titled "Calling all Mk4 owners" for info about the cam chain tensioner.

HTH

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

You could get the strut top mounts and bearings checked, but if the dealer doesn't think they need replacing, they won't.

Also, unless the ECU has an error logged with the MAF sensor, they won't replace it either.

The majority of other stuff that goes wrong is generally not covered by warranty due to wear and tear (e.g. arti-roll bar bushes etc).

Check the thread titled "Calling all Mk4 owners" for info about the cam chain tensioner.

HTH

beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

As i mentioned in another post, they are replacing my MAF today, even though there was no error logged. The tech said they changed it for somebody else and it seemed to solve the hesitancy, so they are trying it on mine. Guess it depends how helpful your local dealer is.