A4 Cab for 14k - please help!!!!!

A3Floyd

I've been offered a 2.4 cabriolet (2002) sport in caribbean blue ???? maybe denim blue with black leather and 47k miles for £14k.

I wasn't actually looking for a cab but it's come up via a friend and it seems too tempting to pass up.

So i need some help.

There's nothing wrong with the car - it's immaculate. The owner has got into some financial problems and has only been offered 14k by audi to take it back. It's on the market for 18k but i can get hold of it for 14k - dont ask!

So is it worth going for? any advice?? i need to move quickly if i want it.

post-913-137914359913_thumb.jpg

is the steering rack a recall item? i remember there being loads of probs with the early models - were they all recalled in the end? ie; if it's not been done, can i get my local stealer to do it FOC?? if not, how much damage would it be to put right?

thanks a lot for your opinions

[ QUOTE ]

is the steering rack a recall item? i remember there being loads of probs with the early models - were they all recalled in the end? ie; if it's not been done, can i get my local stealer to do it FOC?? if not, how much damage would it be to put right?

thanks a lot for your opinions

[/ QUOTE ]

The service department should be able to verify that the steering rack has been changed, in fact why not ask for a list of all the work that has been done on the car, they can print it out if you ask nicely tongue.gif

AZ

[ QUOTE ]

I've been offered a 2.4 cabriolet (2002) sport in caribbean blue ???? maybe denim blue with black leather and 47k miles for £14k.

I wasn't actually looking for a cab but it's come up via a friend and it seems too tempting to pass up.

So i need some help.

There's nothing wrong with the car - it's immaculate. The owner has got into some financial problems and has only been offered 14k by audi to take it back. It's on the market for 18k but i can get hold of it for 14k - dont ask!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not the fastest, most economical car in the world, but it's an audi cab... and the sun is here.

Go for it and enjoy!!! ECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

WHich options?

Sport spec or just normal?

Heated seats?

Only issue - the 2.4L drinks oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as i know, only options are silk nappa leather, armrest and wind deflector. Car is sport spec with no heated seats.

armrest is standard. No heated seats is a shame, but it's may - worry about that in december.

Depends how much you want a cab though. Some people don't like them, others love 'em!

Depreciation isn't going to be huge, as its already lost 50% of its value!

i'm not over-fussed about a cab to be honest. but i find it hard to resist a bargain smile.gif

I'll do some thinking tonight - got to get another loan to buy the cab then sell the avant in order to pay off the loan for the avant. So, until i sell the avant, i'll be paying two loans !! That could be painful.

Thing is, at that sort of money you can afford to get it wrong and still get out of it at potentially no loss.

And trust me, it doesn't matter how slow it is, at this time of year with summer coming any convertibles got to be worth having. cool.gif

I had a 2.4 cab - smooth and nice sound but not very quick and pretty heavy - and loved oil like I love white wine. grin.gif

Its a good price especially given the time of year. You could probably sell it on for £15-16K if you got it pristine as thats still a good buy and you'd me making some cash. Depends if you want it to drive it or to make some money I'd say. wink.gif

It isn't enough of a bargin to justify buying if you're not bothered about a Cab!

I'd be dubious that you'd manage to sell it on at a profit unless you tidy it up and turn it round real quick.

As discussed thirst and lack of performance is an issue with the 2.4. It's going to be a very different drive to your current car.

I think you have to put this into perspective, and this has been discussed many times before, if you want a reliable motorway cruiser with enough in reserve to see off most of the Chavs on the motorway then the 2.4 is fine. I agree it is not a traffic light burner, but it is not suppose to be, if you want something that will provide some wheel spin action then you will need to look elsewhere.

If you want to enjoy the 'experience' of roof down motoring and be noticed in what is still the best looking cab on the road then £14k will be a good investment. I think you would still get your money back at the end of the summer if you decided to sell privately.

I have been 100% happy with mine, ok so it had some initial problems with warranty issues but they were fixed. I have been using 1 litre of oil every 5000 miles, which I don't think is too bad, especially the motorway miles I have been racking up.

Yes the 2.4 is an old and relatively heavy engine, but it is silky smooth FIREdevil.gif, the 3.0 provides slightly better economy than the 2.4 and is a lighter engine due to the alloy head.

In my case I have been fortunate to have a fuel card to cover most of the 80k miles but again if you really want the car then go for it, I have been extremely happy with mine which is why I decided to stay with the cab mafiosi and order another one, albeit a 3.2 ECLIPSe.gif

Good luck with whatever you decide to do 169144-ok.gif

Its probably worth it assuming you want to have a cabriolet, and dont do a huge mileage.

If youre driving a TDi now and go to a 2.4 Cab I think you'll notice a fair hit..

Interesting to read they use a fair bit of oil - not just my 2.0 that likes a drop then!

all this talk of 'summer' coming - have you guys looked out of the window!!! shocked.gif Bloody cab drivers..... tongue.gif

Seriously though - they are one of (if not THE) the classiest Cab's on the road and although you might struggle a little to flog the 2.4 over other models, with the price in that bracket, you should have no problem at all.

I say go for it - enjoy it if the sun ever does come out or at least take her for a long weekend spin to Monaco or something 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

So i need some help.

[/ QUOTE ]

14K is what you pay in October/November later on in the year....GO FOR IT....I would ! 169144-ok.gif