Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano test video

Crusoe

What a fantastic machine. From what I understand it will be very very fast, Pagani performance but be so damn usable. I think the looks will grow on me too, however it may be harder to get over the fact the arse looks like the face of a bucktoothed hillbilly!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As with most of Ferrari's output these days I have taken an instant dislike to the F599. Fat snout, fussy detailing, undoubtedly gimmicky rear pillars, plasticky engine bay (even worse than it's predecessor), and is it just me or is there a hint of the corvette about it? GM have a history of copying Ferrari when it comes to the 'Vette but this time it seems to be the other way around. But the light clusters are the killer for me, blacked out headlamp surrounds are so early 90's, Ferrari dropped them with F360 and F575 but since the Enzo Ken seems to think he can make them cool again. And as for the rears, I hated the current look (Taillamps bulging out of the bodywork) when it debuted on the Enzo but now they've compounded it by switching to singular units solely to allow for a wider boot opening for idiot owners to get their golf clubs into it. I'm sure it fast as hell but it looks like crap, unacceptable for that kind of money.

Glad I'm not in the market for a Ferrari, the Challenge Stradale has been dropped since F430 came along and used ones are rare as Prancing Horse sh*t.