First AVS Completed

UBM

Nearly 18k miles on the clock now.

Car collected by Huntingdon Audi at about 9-30am this morning. They left me my "loan car" sekret.gif

Called at 4-30pm. Car ready and left at work for me by 4-50pm.

Total cost £225. But of course, I had a £150 cheque from Guildford Audi towards this. £75 for a first AVS! jump.gif

Is there a downside to all this.

Of course there is!

I need two new boots for the front. mad.gif

Only a little over 2mm of tread left blush.gif

Decided to give e-tyres a go for a pair of Dunlop Sport 01's, which I've had on the car since I've had it. 18k out of the first tyres and it is still gripping very well!

I have 5mm left on the back which should see me right for a while.

Nearly went for the Toyo's though....

So, what I gained in a cheap service is more then lost with the cost of 2 new boots!

UBM

[ QUOTE ]

Total cost £225. But of course, I had a £150 cheque from Guildford Audi towards this. £75 for a first AVS!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a great price UBM!

I was quoted £349 for my first AVS!!!!!!!!! blush.gif

It'd be cheaper for me to have a drive up to Huntingdon and back than get it done down here!

BUB smirk.gif

Just a point that you may or may not agree with.

You should put the new rubber on the back.

I believe it's advisable to always have most grip on the back. Unless you're deliberately trying to induce oversterr - in which case you'd want a RWD car to enjoy it.

Is that what you'd do?

I have 5mm tread left on the rears and about 2mm on the fronts. As the power goes through the fronts, surely it is best to have them put on the front?

Otherwise, I'll need another set of tyres for the fronts very soon.... smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Is that what you'd do?

I have 5mm tread left on the rears and about 2mm on the fronts. As the power goes through the fronts, surely it is best to have them put on the front?

Otherwise, I'll need another set of tyres for the fronts very soon.... smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

From Michelin technical data book

[ QUOTE ]

Why fit new tyres to the rear?

As far as possible, new tyres should be fitted to the REAR axle.

Contrary to popular belief, deflation of a rear tyre is potentially far more dangerous than on a front tyre, as it produces a severe oversteer effect. This oversteer is far harder to control than the understeer which results from deflation of a front tyre.

[/ QUOTE ]

They go on to add that you will get less oversteer with the new tyres on the rear,blah blah blah , which is ultimately safer.

BUB 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I have 5mm left on the back which should see me right for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Is that what you'd do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Put the new ones on the rear and the current rears on the front?

Is it normal for Audi to collect a car for a service? I just wanted to know for future reference. wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Is it normal for Audi to collect a car for a service? I just wanted to know for future reference. wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, book it in about 14 days in advance and arrange for your courtesy car to be delivered. It's free.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only will they collect your car. Most Dealers will give you a courtesy car, call you a FOC Taxi, give you lifts to train stations. Many Dealers in London are now starting to offer Pushbikes and Mopeds to Customers 169144-ok.gif

Used to get about 28K out of a pair of fronts on my Astra, and around 60K on the rears. Dread to think how many sets I will get through these days with the A4 if they only last 10-18K a pair on the front. I do 35-40K per year. Think the wallet is going to take a battering with this car then.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Many Dealers in London are now starting to offer Pushbikes and Mopeds to Customers 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheapskates... coffee.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all! If you work in London (or Oxford) why on earth would you want to take a Courtesy Car only to be stuck in Traffic as soon as you leave the Centre? Its all about giving the Customer the choice wink.gif

You'd be suprised the amount of Customers even in Ipswich who bring their car for a Service. Then drag a Pushbike/Monkey Bike out of the boot cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only will they collect your car. Most Dealers will give you a courtesy car, call you a FOC Taxi, give you lifts to train stations. Many Dealers in London are now starting to offer Pushbikes and Mopeds to Customers 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's good to know. I wonder if Chester Audi would collect from my address in Liverpool...it's a bit of a trip. coffee.gif Heh, I wonder if they'd cover the tunnel fee. yelrotflmao.gif