In Car video cameras

djcool

I'm doing a run from the UK to the south of France this summer with a number of friends with a few cars. Having done this before, the driving down there is a huge laugh and we liven up the journey by having a bit of a play with the cars and doing this like giving each other the slip around Paris etc.

It's great fun to record all this on in car video cameras, but last time it got a little boring having to change the tapes every 90 minutes.

Not being very with-it in the AV market these days, can anyone point me in the right direction of a video camera which can record several hours of footage in one go which doesn't cost the earth to buy and gives a decent (800x600) picture smile.gif

I've had a look at these for track days. You can get solid state recorders that record upto 8 hours with full details (rpm, speed, lap times and all the stuff that you won't need for a normal run) but they're VERY expensive!

You can always get a bullet cam and stick under your grille, these are generally cheaper as they'll connect to a standard recorder.

If you don't want to spend mucho money then you'll be stuck with changing tapes I'm afraid.