Lowering an r32 Advice needed

m4t

Would like to lower an mk 4 r32 but would like some advice really, I have lowered a 4motion on h&r’s a while back and it didn’t know low enough. Can anyone recommend any coilovers and if pos spics would be great.

Anything else I need to look out for, I’ll be getting the forge arms for the rear too.

Cheers,

Mat

Thought I saw a post on Vortex once about this where the guy bought different springs for his coilovers which were fraction shorter than standard springs that come with a kit and this got it lower. Might be worth talking to suppliers or check on KW's website.

It depends how low you want to go and how much you want to compromise the handling. The KW V3 kit lets you drop the car by up to 30mm, but I run 15mm lower at the front and 20mm at the back. Decked runs his slammed as far as it'll go.

You'll need a set of Forge or ECS Tuning rear tie bars.

Check half way down this thread for the pics about why you need rear tie bars and where you need to fit them.

HTH

beerchug.gif

• 2 months later...

Cheers for the advice guys, i got my tie bars from inters and now am just trying to decide on coilovers. Would it be possible to get the v1's with the v3 springs for the rear do you reckon? I was only going to go for the v1's as i dont need the extra toys the others come with.

Decked, do you have a little more room on the front to go lower at all?

I am also looking at h&r's as some people are saying they do some kits which will do 45mm, not sure if this is a universal kit for the 4mo and r32 tho so it may mean 45mm off the 4mo height which would be around 35mm off the r32 height,

Nothings simple...

Cheers for the help guys

Mat

You can't buy the KW Variant 1 and 3 kits split, although you may be able to buy the indivdual components.

I wouldn't recommend it though, the kits are developed to be set up as a full suspension kit, not mix and match. Having the full V3 kit on the car, I can vouch for the way it totally transforms the car's handling. Am also aware that Helfinger is very happy with his V3 kit, having been running a V2 for a long while.

HTH

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Decked, do you have a little more room on the front to go lower at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

I could lower the front into the ground, I think it could go at least another 30-40mm more. But the back is defiantly on it's lowest setting now!!!