E class London

Woppum

I have posted this on another forum to incase you see overlap, but im just intrested in seeing what your views are on this company...

I saw an advert for this company last week which stated that they could both achieve a 10% discount on the new Bentley GTC and a delivery within 4 months of the cars release. So I just had a look on the website and they say they can get a new M5 within 4 months and a discount of 13%!!! So of course I phoned them up and a very well spoken French bloke answered who stated they are a very large European Yacht and car leasing company. The way they achieve these figures is because their fleet department buys a lot of cars from the dealerships... To me this doesn’t make sense, why would the dealerships offer 15% discounts on highly demanded cars? The company I work for buys a lot of BMW's and Minis, yet I wasn’t able to jump the queue or get a discount. It all seems a little fishy to me, in the case of the GTC, Bentley haven’t even released an official price yet!!! Anyway I asked them what they could do on the E92 M3 and they are going to get back to me.

Here is their website : http://www.eclasslondon.com/

Date of Incorporation: 13/02/2003

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

5010 - Sale of motor vehicles

Accounting Reference Date: 30/09

Last Accounts Made Up To: 30/09/2004 (TOTAL EXEMPTION FULL)

Next Accounts Due: 30/07/2006

Last Return Made Up To: 13/02/2006

Next Return Due: 13/03/2007

Last Members List: 13/02/2006

Previous Names:

No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.

Overseas Branch Details

There are no overseas branches associated with this company.

[ QUOTE ]

I have posted this on another forum to incase you see overlap, but im just intrested in seeing what your views are on this company...

I saw an advert for this company last week which stated that they could both achieve a 10% discount on the new Bentley GTC and a delivery within 4 months of the cars release. So I just had a look on the website and they say they can get a new M5 within 4 months and a discount of 13%!!! So of course I phoned them up and a very well spoken French bloke answered who stated they are a very large European Yacht and car leasing company. The way they achieve these figures is because their fleet department buys a lot of cars from the dealerships... To me this doesn’t make sense, why would the dealerships offer 15% discounts on highly demanded cars? The company I work for buys a lot of BMW's and Minis, yet I wasn’t able to jump the queue or get a discount. It all seems a little fishy to me, in the case of the GTC, Bentley haven’t even released an official price yet!!! Anyway I asked them what they could do on the E92 M3 and they are going to get back to me.

Here is their website : http://www.eclasslondon.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it is plausible for them to jump the queue and even get a discount, if they are a large fleet buyer. As a big customer (private or company) you will always get a degree of goodwill, and manufacturers will undoubtdly be happier if you use it to jump queue's or get one of discounts. Better that then demand a bigger discount on your fleet purchases.

However, selling the cars on in this way would surely be frowned upon.

I can't comment on E-Class, other then to say I have seen their adverts over the last couple of years. However, in my experience most company's that list savings on desireable cars are importing. And many unscrupolous ones will quote short lead times knowing full well they are never going to meet them.

I've had it happened to me once, by a company recommended to me by somebody. And it leaves you in a difficult position. You've waited four months. Do you go elsewhere and start at the back of the queue. Or give them another couple of months. In the worst case they don't even meet the lead time of reputable company's.

Horrible feeling when you've paid more in order for earlier delivery, and the cheaper cars start turning up first.