R32 Insurance

walter_the_great

i wouldnt go with elephant or admiral. Simply becuase if you have any additional extras, ie sat nav, or mods. they in the case of a write off will only replace it with a standard mkv r, instead of one which has the additional options which you have paid to cover????????? now thats just c**p if you ask me. And because of this i paid more for my insurance and went with adrian flux.

I'm 27 with 7 years NCB, no accidents or convictions at all.

The quotes I've had so far have been:

Footman James: £1460

Adrian Flux: £860

Tesco: £670

Elephant: £540 (£531 with IAM)

Admiral: £585

Direct Line: £595

Tesco: £660

Bell: £560

Performance Direct: £1480

I can't find anywhere lower than Elephant so if anyone can recommend another insurance company, let me know smile.gif

Hope this helps with your search S3boy!

[ QUOTE ]

I can't find anywhere lower than Elephant so if anyone can recommend another insurance company, let me know smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Presently with Admiral (£640 37yrs 5yrs no claim) and its up for renewal in November and the cheapest ive had a quote for recently was the RAC, they were miles better than anyone else and it was £450 (give or take a few pence) 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Presently with Admiral (£640 37yrs 5yrs no claim) and its up for renewal in November and the cheapest ive had a quote for recently was the RAC, they were miles better than anyone else and it was £450 (give or take a few pence) 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I really don't understand Insurance companies and how they come by there figure. You say above you are with Admiral paying 640 at 37 Yr old.

I to am with Admiral and only pay 740. I am 23 with 2 years No claims. It seems a bargain to me for my age on a Group 18 Car.

Yet when I did a Quote with RAC it was around the 1.5 k region. Crazy.

Another idea when doing insurance quotes, if your other half has a license just put her name on the policy as an additional driver. Even if she's never going to drive it. You'll be suprised to see in most cases, it mostly always brings it down for some strange reason.

[ QUOTE ]

Another idea when doing insurance quotes, if your other half has a license just put her name on the policy as an additional driver. Even if she's never going to drive it. You'll be suprised to see in most cases, it mostly always brings it down for some strange reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not for me.

Its the down side to going out with much younger women.

.......and aching all over most of the time grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Saved me £100 doing this (Direct-Line) jump.gif

Yep forgot to add that all of my quotes posted were with my other half on the policy. Some places it brought it down as much as £100!

I tried the RAC last night and was quoted around the £850 mark, so I won't be going with them.

Not sure who else to try really? I reckon £540 quid isn't paid considering I'm 27 and it's group 18, but I'll still keep looking about.

If anyone has any other insurance companies to try, then please post them up here. It's a good resource for anyone on this forum smile.gif

Cheers,

Chris.

I'm with Admiral too....Seems a bit of a recurring theme...Was it easy to explain about the Milltek? Do you think they jsut plucked a figure from thin air? 12 months for me - full no claims, protected, no convictions and 35 - £500!!!! Aren't postcodes wonderful things!!!