Dreaming of a 535d

phardy

Had a go in a mates M535d the other week and was very impressed, would love to have one myself but couldn't afford one outright. Are there any possible options to make these more affordable to us mere working class, i.e. leasing, etc. I've always paid cash for cars so not to clued up on other methods. Any advice would be greatefully appreciated.

Otherwise its back to looking at older models like a 330d or e320d.

beerchug.gif

Efficient funding can make most cars "affordable" really...all depends on your own circumstances and what you want to do.

A decent 535d is going to be not much less than £35k as a headline figure, which with a £10k deposit and financing the £25k balance over 36 months would cost c. £400-£450 a month (with a balloon value)

Is that the kind of ball park numbers that work for you ?

Monthly payments upto £500 I could afford. But what kind of size Balloon payment would I be looking at and how much would the car be worth after 3yrs with 80k on the clock?

Does this kind of financing work out cheaper than leasing?

It is a great car, I have been without mine since Tuesday as it was having Voice Activation and MP3 playback fitted on Tuesday and Wednesday and then having a new windscreen yesterday and today, and have to say I am really, really missing it.

I have been seriously thinking of swapping over for something a little rawer, but I have now taken out a few of the things I was considering, including a 911 cab (although tip frown.gif ) and an M3 CS and neither of them would draw me away.

Still going to have another go in a CSL and a 911 coupe manual before I decide, but the point is for a diesel estate(albeit a remapped one) to do so well against those is pretty good going.

Send Gareth a PM and ask him what he can get as he can get some nice motors at big savings over dealer prices and sort the finance out too. 169144-ok.gif

Cheers Gizze, I'll give gareth a PM if I decide I can afford it. Is Gareth his username as I dont normally come on the BMW forum being an A4 Cab owner, by the way your advice was very handy on fitting the Sat Nav.

What have you found the cheapest way to finance it, from what I can remember on the audi forum before you switch'd you used to be a bit of a shrewd expert in getting the best deal. PM me if you dont want to post.

Gareth is the guy who first answered your post. smile.gif

He has Bespoke Automotive Consulting, details here...

http://www.bm3w.co.uk/editorial/bespoke.php

Getting a good deal is fine when you are buying £20k, £25, £30k cars, but when you start to look at more expensive stuff speaking to someone like Gareth makes sense. I think the CSL is winning and I would not have a clue what to look for when buying one and would not pay BMW dealer prices for one, so using Gareth would be the way to go for me, when I decide that is what I actually want! wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Gareth is the guy who first answered your post. smile.gif

He has Bespoke Automotive Consulting, details here...

http://www.bm3w.co.uk/editorial/bespoke.php

Getting a good deal is fine when you are buying £20k, £25, £30k cars, but when you start to look at more expensive stuff speaking to someone like Gareth makes sense. I think the CSL is winning and I would not have a clue what to look for when buying one and would not pay BMW dealer prices for one, so using Gareth would be the way to go for me, when I decide that is what I actually want! wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmmm, doing some more investigation and there seems to be some examples (535d M) going for just under the 30K mark with leather and Sat Nav. If I can get 16-17k for my Cab. Then I would only need £12k which over 3 years is £350 a month smile.gif

The only thing putting me off now is depreciation. If the cars are losing 14K in the fist year shocked.gif whats it going to be like for the next 2 or 3? Anybody know what the predicted indexes are?

The cars are loosing approx. the Vat and the dealer comission in the first year which is around 28%, pretty normal really, that is why everyone says buy a year old and run it for 2 years. Let someone else take the big hit in the first year.

I would expect it to loose that £12k over the next 2 years.

I am hoping mine will be worth around £17-18k when it is 4 years old. The car listed for £49k or thereabouts and at 4 years old with 80k miles on it I would think around 35% would be about right?

What kind of discount are you lucky to achieve from BMW dealers for used cars, I've seen one I like with the right spec for £35999. I know a private seller yo may be able to get £2k off if hes desperate to sell but is this realistic with BMW?

[ QUOTE ]

What kind of discount are you lucky to achieve from BMW dealers for used cars, I've seen one I like with the right spec for £35999. I know a private seller yo may be able to get £2k off if hes desperate to sell but is this realistic with BMW?

[/ QUOTE ]

there is no "one discount applies to all" for any car being sold by a dealer, BMW or otherwise.