They do have a sense of humour

xspencex

Not being funny, but haven't they just added two doors to the boxster/911 body? It looks pretty similar to every other Porsche I've seen in the last 10 years. C'mon guys, it's good to have a corporate image, but those designers are taking the piss!

[ QUOTE ]

Not being funny, but haven't they just added two doors to the boxster/911 body? It looks pretty similar to every other Porsche I've seen in the last 10 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apart from the fact the saloon is front engined. ices_blah.gif

'Brand Identity' I'm afraid.

If you saw it as a concept on a motorshow stand, Porsche want you to know its a Porsche without seeing the badge.

Ian

[ QUOTE ]

Not being funny, but haven't they just added two doors to the boxster/911 body? It looks pretty similar to every other Porsche I've seen in the last 10 years. C'mon guys, it's good to have a corporate image, but those designers are taking the piss!

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, other than adding 2 extra doors, there are not really that many different things they can do with the 911, that havn't been doen before yelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

why go to all that trouble to put a bmw body on it as its characteristics wont be the same as the porsche's?

or is it a pi$$ take?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's quite easy for them to reshell the car and that means its true form remains secret until they wish to tell the world wink.gif

Most manufacturers will do it, although they generally stick to their own models. For instance, the new S-Type can be seen with the current S-Type body on!