Cruise control A4 b7 is retrofit possible ?

shipy

Got the car now and its fantastic but this is somthing i'm going to have to do its to easy to let the speed creep up in 6th. Where are you based Shark, i'm down in the sunny west country.

Does the B7 1.8t need the new vag com lead?

Yes, it does need the newer CAN lead for the B7. I am up in Notts but travel all over the place and often work in Bristol. However your best bet is to speak to stratty31, send him a PM as he doesn't spend a lot of time on the forums as he is a busy man, but I'm sure he'll be able to sort it out for you 169144-ok.gif

• 1 month later...

The instructions don't cover vag-com, because the dealership's systems don't work in the same way.

The programming is reasonably difficult as the ABS controller forgets its coding when you replace the steering wheel control module. If you don't get the coding right the incorrect coding on the controller will cause the ABS, EBD and ESP to stop working altogether.

Bear in mind you also need the correct coloured steering wheel cowling to accomodate the new cruise stalk.

Cheers, I will take your up on that offer 169144-ok.gif Just waiting to hear back from neil regarding the parts. Will the programming have to be done immediately after the stalk has been fitted? As I would install the stalk first, then drive up to your area for the programming?

I honestly despair sometimes!

Yes it can be done, it's not particularly easy but you should get by with the instructions I've written in the post that timps kindly linked to if you're pretty confident with VAG-COM.

I also do a fully fitted service now, if anyone is interested.

[ QUOTE ]

Cheers, I will take your up on that offer 169144-ok.gif Just waiting to hear back from neil regarding the parts. Will the programming have to be done immediately after the stalk has been fitted? As I would install the stalk first, then drive up to your area for the programming?

[/ QUOTE ]

The programming doesn't have to be done immediately, but your ESP won't work at all (ABS, EBD, ASR etc) once you've changed the steering control module. So whether you want to fit it and then come down, or whether you want to bring the bits with you, or get the bits from me (I probably have the required parts already at home) is up to you 169144-ok.gif

I'm in Worksop in Notts, funnily enough I'm working in Stockton on Thursday if that helps you at all.

sorry shark_90 i admit i didnt read it all blush.gif, i was just skimming during my dinner time, my enthusiasm overtook reasoning (and it was 33c where i was) i mean i didnt even search!! smashfreakB.gif thanks timps for the link

i applaud you, and other peoples efforts regarding this topic, i probably will go for this after current projects, I do alot of motorway miles.

[ QUOTE ]

funnily enough I'm working in Stockton on Thursday if that helps you at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I could do Thursday, but I getting hitched.... not being funny but I will be glad when it's all over. This wedding has been stress from the start and it’s getting worse the closer to the day. Talked with nelson today and he's getting the parts shipped out so should have them in the next few days. Will send you am PM when they have arrived, as I defo do not what to drive around without ESP, ABS, etc.

Thanks

Lee

• 4 weeks later...