Wheels - MKV 5 Door

Panman

Hi All,

I'm a newbie (So be gentle... notworthy.gif)If this is the wrong forum to ask this question please let me know...

I've ordered my R32 (In Silver, 5 door, with Recaros) here in Aus, and already have the ECU and Haldex upgrades booked when they are available here.

A couple of questions about wheels and tyres for the new arrival..

1. I like the MK IV wheels and can get hold of a set at a reasonable price, are the PCD and offsets the same? Will they bolt straight on?

2. Can you fit 17"s or are there brake clearance issues? I prefer them for track days.

Thanks,

Panman

Welcome 169144-ok.gif

Great choice of mota grin.gif

1. I'm sure I've read on here they are definately different so the oem ones wont fit. Not sure if anyone makes 'replicas' for the mkv ?

2. Sorry don't know the answer to this one. GTi 17's may fit ??? Is that to lower the gearing jump.gif

Hi Silverarrow,

Thanks for the info on the 18"s.

I use 17" on the track (but keep the original rolling diameter so no gearing change) for a couple of reasons (Lessons learned during my ownership of 2 x WRX + an STI)

1. More sidewall flex means (generally) you have more notice of the car breaking away (Good for not ending up in the scenery).

2. Reduces unsprung weight (Improves performance, helps braking)

3. 17" semi-racing rubber is cheaper to replace and easier to find from people like Falken and Dunlop (A key point for me.... my track tyres used to last about 2-3 track days at best, a big spin or a skid pan day can shag a set of rubber even quicker)which gets expensive very quickly if you are on the track regularly, and unlike JC and the Stig pay for your own tyres...

Thanks for your response, I'm looking forward to the Silberpfiel... 169144-ok.gif

MKV is PCD 5x112 and MKIV is PCD 5x100 but maybe you can get adaptors made. As for 17s, the guys in the states seem to be able to squeeze them on the MKIV so don't see why its not possible on MKV. Might need spacers to help clear the calipers.

Thanks for all the info guys... Spacers are illegal here in Oz (And having had a wheel part company with the car at speed due to them) I'll either find a set of 17"s that fit, or swallow the cost of an extra set of 18"s for track days. I'll let you know how I go.. Fortunately I have a mate who owns a tyre and wheel shop. smile.gif

Have a look at vortex.com as they have to fit winter tyres in certain parts of the States and so a lot of the owners buy 17s for this. I have seen a few threads on there about guys fitting 17s for autoX also so you may find something that bolts straight on.