[Audi A3/S3] Brake disc and pad upgrades

daspeedz

Hi peeps, thinking about a Disc and pad upgrade for my 02 plate TDI. Something grooved and drilled to look good behind my coming RS4 alloys (arriving in two days grin.gif) Any info on websites or makes to look for that will be a direct replacment would be brilliant. Thanks in advance .Stuart.

tdirear4mb.jpg

I have Mintex C-tech discs and Mintec C-tech m1144 pads on my T4 they look good and provide superb stopping power. If you go that route make sure that you get the anti squeal baking shims for the pads. They are supposed to be provided free with the pads(in the box) but they have never come with them when ive bought the pads, Mintex supply them free if you phone them up though. Keep in mind if you upgrade them your insurance company will want to know, my last two insurers have charged me an extra £60 for having the uprated parts.

Info on them can be found here http://www.mintex.co.uk look under the top heading "motorsport".

[ QUOTE ]

Hi peeps, thinking about a Disc and pad upgrade for my 02 plate TDI. Something grooved and drilled to look good behind my coming RS4 alloys (arriving in two days grin.gif) Any info on websites or makes to look for that will be a direct replacment would be brilliant. Thanks in advance .Stuart.

tdirear4mb.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Try these ...........

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/

169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I have Mintex C-tech discs and Mintec C-tech m1144 pads on my T4 they look good and provide superb stopping power. If you go that route make sure that you get the anti squeal baking shims for the pads. They are supposed to be provided free with the pads(in the box) but they have never come with them when ive bought the pads, Mintex supply them free if you phone them up though. Keep in mind if you upgrade them your insurance company will want to know, my last two insurers have charged me an extra £60 for having the uprated parts.

Info on them can be found here http://www.mintex.co.uk look under the top heading "motorsport".

[/ QUOTE ]

Not bad when you're making it stop quicker, you'd think you'd get a reduction! smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Not bad when you're making it stop quicker, you'd think you'd get a reduction! smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

that will be the

"he will be going faster, braking later, taking higher risks", increase the premium mentality.

[ QUOTE ]

that will be the

"he will be going faster, braking later, taking higher risks", increase the premium mentality.

[/ QUOTE ]

Admiral only charged me an extra £14.50 for the porsche kit on the S3. More of an admin charge IMO laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that will be the

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know what you mean Paul, lets be honest, insurance companies have us all over a barrel anyway smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

that will be the

[/ QUOTE ]

Admiral only charged me an extra £14.50 for the porsche kit on the S3. More of an admin charge IMO laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They charged me £60 same as Elephant has this year. They didnt ask what had been done just if the brakes were modified from manufacturer standard.

Barclaycard didnt load my premium for the porkers, or any of the other mods, except for remap.

Current insurers was an "all in quote" and much cheaper than anyone else so i didnt bother finding out what cost what.

back on topic, znaika.gif

am in the same situation about brakes i think either black diamond discs and pads all round or stoptech do the same setup for a bit more but have not seen just discs talked about before, but know their big brake kits are good but also big money, any advice anyone? 169144-ok.gif

OMP, not really heard much about their brakes.

AP, Brembo - the best

Tarox - almost as good

Black Diamond, EBC, Mintex on a par almost, but would say mintex do the best pads out of those.

Ive tried all these manufacturers on various cars.

What ive found is that grooved discs have a tendancy to warp, drilled are ok but dont really offer much more cooling for the sort of car you are putting them on, vented good enough.

IMHO.

Im trying some black diamonds on my A3, been running standards for a while and these seem good enough and never fade.