Repair Dilema

AZURES3

Guys

After my post ouch I went to ChipsAway and my local VAG bodyshop.

ChipsAway £188

VAG Bodyshop £300

To be honest I am leaning towards the body shop repair of the damage below as its only just over £100 more and it will be a full repair rather than the localised.

What do you guys reckon, I was expecting ChipsAway to be about £100 which would have solved the issue.

827753-2.JPG

AZ

I did hear recently that Chipsaway are good for a year or two and then problems can set in.

If you were looking for a cheap fix before selling on then maybe...depending on how honest you were.

As it is, I'd be tempted by a 'proper' job. Especially given the price difference.

[ QUOTE ]

I did hear recently that Chipsaway are good for a year or two and then problems can set in.

If you were looking for a cheap fix before selling on then maybe...depending on how honest you were.

As it is, I'd be tempted by a 'proper' job. Especially given the price difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are exactly my concerns and thoughts for the sake of £100 why take the risk but I will see when the written quote comes through from the bodyshop. To be honest I dont want someone to buy the car when I sell it in September this year and then 6 months later find it flaking off.

AZ

Get the bodyshop repair. Chips away are OK but I only used them when I was selling the S3 and someone had keyed it the week before p/x ing it. I could tell where the repair was with the lacquer chase marks and had to put a health dose of motorway dirt & grime on it before handing it to the dealer to hide the fact which worked well.

But on a day to day basis it would have driven me nuts.

[ QUOTE ]

Get the bodyshop repair. Chips away are OK but I only used them when I was selling the S3 and someone had keyed it the week before p/x ing it. I could tell where the repair was with the lacquer chase marks and had to put a health dose of motorway dirt & grime on it before handing it to the dealer to hide the fact which worked well.

But on a day to day basis it would have driven me nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe sneaky! Good one wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Your alloy needs doing too!!! Is that white paint in the wheel arch? Where have you been.

Your car needs some TLC me thinks! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am shocked no one commented on the alloy already, getting this done at Wicked wheels next week.

We have a drought order so car does need a wash and some TLC, picture was taken with flash on so not sure what the white s*** is on the wheel arch.

AZ

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Your alloy needs doing too!!! Is that white paint in the wheel arch? Where have you been.

Your car needs some TLC me thinks! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am shocked no one commented on the alloy already, getting this done at Wicked wheels next week.

We have a drought order so car does need a wash and some TLC, picture was taken with flash on so not sure what the white s*** is on the wheel arch.

AZ

[/ QUOTE ]

You can still wash with a bucket for the moment anyways!