[Audi A3/S3] A3 lowering

AirMax

Hi, i want to get my 1997 a3 lowered, as well its on 18's just now and looks like its on stilts. To be fair i am not really needed a big boost in performance, i just want the asthetic to be a bit more pleasing...

So what would be the best/cheapest way to do this, just buy some shocks and springs on ebay and take it to a garage? or just take the car to a garage and ask them to do it all.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 1997 audi a3 as well. I have 18" wheels and i bought the FK Highsport Coilovers.

I couldnt recommend these enough, adjustable height front and rear. I have mines lowered the full 65mm i think it is and it doesnt buff any other the arches at all. I bought mines for £360 ish and cost £90 to get them fitted at a garage.

Go for it, it looks absolutely amazing when its really low

Follow the link for a pic of the way mines looks

That was when they were first fitted, they have settled in a bit since then so it is a bit lower than in the picture.

http://img56.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10009236gl.jpg

Cheers Hacky

Oh the lowering looks the sex, the rims, im not sure smile.gif

Ive not actually got mine lowered yet, its getting done next week, i am looking at going cheap and getting a street line lowering kit http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...A%3AIT&rd=1

, or getting a coilover kit much like yours hacky, cant make my mind up. Allthough from looking around i think you can drop at least 40mm on 18's without any rubbing.

Yeah the actuall lowering wont be a problem however the ride quality will suffer if you go for crappy kits, coilovers tend to be harsher but i am very happy with my ride quality very smooth even along speedbumps. It will feel different i wont deny it but for the looks and performance it is well worth it.

If you see my car in another picture i think u mite like the rims, they really do make my car i think! Iv got a site on bebo with more pics www.hacky-a3.bebo.com