RNS-E and TMC on 2006 S4

MadMunky

Hi Everyone,

Dealer tells me that TMC is not available on this years RNS-E release on the A4/S4. Is this correct?

I am also told that mine does not have a security code. Can anyone comment?

I will get some pics up soon now the weather has improved cool.gif

Cheers

Disks for the RNS-E from a dealer are about £330, but they usually appear on ebay brand new for around £100, maybe a bit more on initial release.

Your radio "should" have a security code and it should be on the inside of the manual supplied with your RNS-E.

The radio once paired up with your cluster will remember the car if teh battery is flat etc. But I would push for a security code as your dealer is talking b0ll0x as usual.

Craig

Hi folks.

Bought A4 3.0TDi Quattro 233bhp S-Line Avant Manual in March 06 (one of the first 233's I think), with DVD NAV.

Rapid motor, knocks the previous 206bhp one into the long grass and is more economical - figure that!, desperately needs the DSG box though as manual gears are too short in 1st and 2nd (although good for trafic jam creeping) and auto is usual power & economy sapping lump. The engine is the only diesel that genuinely doesn't like it. the V6 growl is downright addictive, leading to frequent use of the right hand pedal and rather less than 40mpg.

Oh - and dont believe the computer mpg - is was more than 10% out on mine (versus miles on a tankful)

computer 41mpg/actual 37mpg - smell a rat anyone?

- so had the dealer put a calibration offset in to fix it.

Didn't have TMC as I expected. Just been informed by dealer that disk is now available, wanted to charge me £100, until I explained gently what I thought of that, so getting free update next week.

Thought you might like to know. Good luck to all.

Will report back if it works

Welcome to the forum BigGuy

With all due respect, your Dealer is completely wrong. There is no licence available yet for TMC on the A3 and A4 RNSE system. Your Dealer is getting confused with the A6/A8 MMi TMC update and they will be wasting both theres and your time if you decide to go in for the 'update'.

Sorry to give you a bad reply on your first post blush.gif

I bought an S-Line in the summer of 2004 and they were promising TMC then!

It is a shame considering TMC was working a treat on the 2002 cd based discs.

It is a really nice feature too, I got rerouted twice coming back from the eurotunnel on Friday and a friend didn't, took me 2h20mins to get back to Norwich, took him just over 4 hours.