Fecking Seagull

bibhigh

I had a seagull crap on my bonnet a couple of days ago and it was only on for the best part of a day and I have washed it off and cannot get the mark out it has imprinted on the bonnet. I had Auto Glym's Ultra Deep Shine on and have done a light T'Cut but cannot shift it. Why if I had AG on did it seep through and why can't I move it.

B****rd.

Help please. openfire.gif

am gonna buy a cat!!!!!!!!!!polished my motor.......went for a quick drive before a week in the sun......bird craps all over it......i get home......wipe it off....except one bit the size of a 5 pence i miss up by the spoiler......put car in garage to protect it for the week......take it out after hols and notice said poo.....and its burnt into the paint work.......how soft is paint these days!!!!???.....was never even in the sun for that week.... openfire.gif

Bird lime can be as low as ph3.5 which is pretty acidic.

This efectively burns through the lacquer and is made worse by the sun as the heat will at as a catalyst thus speeding up the reaction particularly on a hot bonnet. You'd be surprised how hot a bonnet can get in the sun.

I've trawled forums and haven't found anyone yet who has found any wax that will provide a barrier against bird lime. Some may hold off the damage longer than others though presumably. You have to remember that the wax is probably only microns thick which is why it won't stop stone chips either!

If one manufacturer could develop such a proven product, they'd get my purchase!

• 4 weeks later...

I think somebody did a Fightclub on my R32 the other day, or a fecking eagle crapped on it. About fifty million cubic litres of bird blot. Only on there for a few hours, not even in the sun, and it burned through enough to leave a mark (when the light catches it). So much for the three-week old Supagard treatment...

dung.gif

Unfortunately is all a wax or sealant will do is slightly reduce the time it takes for the bird crap to start eating your clearcoat.

As already said, carry a few microfibers and some quick detailer with you. If the crap is dry then place a damp microfiber over the crap for about 5 minutes to soften it. Remove with the other microfiber (with care, bird crap can scratch too).

Seagulls are the worst in my experience. An hour can be enough for it to etch your paint.

Was at the jet wash this morning (just rinsing the car with the 'spot free' rinse) - washing by hand later.

Anyway, I started at the front - bonnet, windscreen, mirrors etc. working my way to the back, then down the near side.

Came back to the bonnet and..........if I had drawn a target in the middle of the bonnet and paid a seagull to make a direct hit, it couldn't have been more central.

I didn't see or hear a thing, but the bas****s are now attacking me while I'm cleaning the car!