So, what would you buy for £6k-£7k!

Simonl

I'm stuck, I need a second runabout and have £6k-£7k to spend, but cannot think what to buy confused.gif

It needs to be 2 yrs old, average miles or slightly over, have 5drs (baby) be cheap to run and most importantly, be fun.

anyone have any cars that fit in this criteria that they really enjoy?!? 169144-ok.gifbeerchug.gif

If you'll go slightly older, say 4 years, you can have one of the most under rated practical family cars ever made...

A 2002 Honda Accord Type-R with about 35k on the clock.

Nothing more reliable, and very rapid indeed - with full 4 door, roomy family practicality.

It's also an absolute hoot to drive.

However...if it were a runabout....for occasional baby-use.

I'd sacrifice the 5 doors, go for 3, and buy a Clio 172/182. You'd get a very nice example for that money and as anyone who was at the Northeast/Scotland Meet this weekend will testify, they don't have shift in the bends.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm stuck, I need a second runabout and have £6k-£7k to spend, but cannot think what to buy confused.gif

It needs to be 2 yrs old, average miles or slightly over, have 5drs (baby) be cheap to run and most importantly, be fun.

anyone have any cars that fit in this criteria that they really enjoy?!? 169144-ok.gifbeerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever thought about a 2nd hand A2 1,4 TDi. Very economical, 45-55mpg, excellent build quality and decent storage space. Performance wise it is not too bad. Wifey have given a fair few boy racers a run for their money and left them EEK2.GIF Handling can be a bit ropey though due to the high CoG. But that can make it fun to drive too.

That is a really good price range to be in. There is sooo much to chose from.

Go to the autotrader website, put in 6-7k, and 20 miles from your postcode, with no make/model info, and just look. You'll get everything from a almost new fiat panda, to an A8/7 Series/E class.

[ QUOTE ]

3 doors will do your head in with a baby to put in and out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it depends on whether or not it's your only car, which remember this isn't for LeMan.

We managed with an M3 Coupe for 9 months, and then an M3 Cab, although we did have the wifes 320d as well. That said, we went out in the M3's plenty of times and once you get into the habit it doesn't cause too much hassle at all.

...ouch. My mate used to run a 16v Corrado. It completely drained all his savings, everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong and it ended up costing him around 16k to put right EEK2.GIF Final straw was the cambelt snapping. Not the cars fault i know, but it went prematurely. I just could part with my hard earned for one, but no doubt is a fine car nonetheless.