DSC Failure

PeterS

As briefly mentioned in a thread in the A4 forum, it appears that the 535d didn't like being unused during the hot weather...

On starting it after 2 or so weeks, I-Drive told me that I have Drive Control Systems falure, and Start Assist Failure. I have to admit, I didn't even realise I had Start Assist, whatever it is.. blush.gif Rather more worrying is that it the ABS warning light is illuminated, though no mention of this on I-Drive confused.gif Testing has revealed that ABS and DSC are defintely not functioning...

I called the ever helpful wink.gif BMW Assist people, who said that they wouldn't be sending anyone to look at it, and I should just take it to the dealer. When questioned about the ABS warning light, I was told not to worry, as not all cars have ABS anyway sportifs2.gif It's not as if every BMW built in the last 20 years has had ABS is it... smashfreakB.gif

Booked into the dealers for Tuesday, so lets see what happens. In the meantime, I'll be driving it with a little more circumspection, as the rear wheels seem to lose traction awfully easily atm ECLIPSe.gifgrin.gif maybe my average mpg will begin to go up...

Peter

post-539-137914369313_thumb.jpg

Quick update. Car went into the dealer today, and they diagnosed the problem as a faulty steering sensor switch.

Looking at the E60 forums it seems to be a very common problem, though as usual the dealer professed ignorance of this SAUER0421.GIF Parts are on back-order, so still no DSC. The wheels on a 535d spin very easily grin.gif...

Peter

That's extremely disappointing Peter. I have always found my dealer super-reliable when they say they're getting a part in on a certain date.

Indeed, I have never waited longer than 2 days for anything - diagnosed, car in, part in, fitted, car out, solved.

The airflow meter went on my M3 but I guess that might be quicker to get delivered. A week does seem a very long time for BMW though.

I know, but a trawl of the forums shows that this is a worldwide problem, and BMW is struggling to keep up with demand for the part blush.gif. They assure me the car is OK to drive, but in the US they seem to be taking the cars off the road and providing loan vehicles confused.gif Guess they don't want any 550i drivers losing control and suing...

Peter

• 2 weeks later...