Washing up liquid...

DuncS3

Cleaned the Mini yesterday, first took it down the jet wash to blast the grit off, then back home to wash it with Megs but as I was about to start I realised I had mislaid the Megs shampoo, so I used Fairy Liquid, knowing that I was going to use the 3 stage Megs I figured it would be okay to use Fairy Liquid as it would strip most of the old wax anyway, and with the 3 stage applied the car would be protected again.

Thing is I need to do my S3 and was just wondering if doing the same thing is a no no or not? I would never normally use washing up liquid but combined with the 3 stage should it be okay? Is there another product that would remove old waxes before you reapply?

Dunc

I don't think it will do anything as a one off, but by course I would never use Fairy on the car due to the salt content and the fact that it isn't designed for washing your car, I'd rather use something designed for the purpose.

Some people use fairy to strip wax, but I don't see the point as the polishing stage will do this anyway.

If you ever want to remove wax safely then a good paint cleaner like Klasse AIO/Carlack 68 will do the job nicely.

Well just did my S3 but used the Megs gold class plus the 3 stage - two 3 stages in a weekend is a but tiring, although the results are very pleasing.

Whats good for removing dried in insect reamains? Got some on the bonnet but cant seem to shift them

Dunc