Rear screen mount in A8 D3

craigyb

Had one of those rear entertainment systems from an A6 sitting in a box in my shed and decided to install the screen in the roof for my passengers and make use of the 750GB media player etc.

The screen was from a grey interior car, so it matched the grey of the W12 pretty much perfectly.

I had to remove the pillar trims and drop half the roof liner to fit it in, and it scared me to death when cutting the roof, let alone marking it out, as a new roof means a new back window (ouch).

Ran the power to the front fuse box and I'm in the process of running the signal wires and headphone senders etc to the boot for the sony head control unit.

The plan is to be able to watch whatever the car TV is watching or just select the media player.

closed.jpg

open.jpg

Looks cool cool.gif

I know what you mean about cutting the roof lining UHOH7.GIF

Will you need a video signal slitter/amplifier or is there sufficient signal to split to another screen?

Just watch out for morons who get too close to see what your watching and end up shunting you, put the blind up m8; happened to me when my wife was 6 weeks away from giving birth to our son frown.gif

The TV tuner in the A8 has a video output, so that will go to AV1 of the sony, the media player will be split to AV2 of the sony and AV1 of the tuner, so thats how I can make the media player independant of the TV for rear passengers and they can use the headphones whilst I listen to something else.

The media player may have to be signals split, I will see how badly it gets degraded.

Looks uncannily similar to the kit i have in the rear of mine.

I have the DVD changer and PS2 going into the control unit (also a Sony), although i dont have rear TV as there is no arial present.

I've then split the sony output and sent one feed to the AV1 on my front screen, and have the Rapsody feeding into AV2 on the front. This means that i can switch from TV / Media Player/ DVD and PS2 for the front screen.

Not noticed much in the way of signal loss, although i do need to re-wire the media player as i'm currently suffering from ground loop feedback (even with a GL isolator). Serves me right for doing a quick-and-dirty wiring job.