Have you driven YOUR car abroad?

NewNiceMrMe

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love driving abroad - have done several 'jaunts' in previous cars, taking in France, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland and Italy.

Only one bad experience, which was when we stayed in Aix-les-Bains on the edge of the French Alps, and both my gf and I got a nasty dose of campylobacter the day before we were coming home. It was an interesting 6 hours drive back to Calais.

On a side note, just got back last Friday from a 48hr trip to my German head office in the work car, and can confirm that a 1.6 TDCi C-Max can hit a GPS recorded 127mph (down a very big German hill, with 7 crates of Bitburger in the boot).

I really must get the Golf onto the Autobahn...

I took the Fabia to Le Mans - Bazza is right - having your own car, on holiday, overseas is brilliant!

As you drive off the ferry - it's just such a feeling of liberation jump.gif

Currently trying to find a hotel in / around Paris - that isn't expensive and has adequate secure parking - any suggestions anyone?

[ QUOTE ]

Currently trying to find a hotel in / around Paris - that isn't expensive and has adequate secure parking - any suggestions anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about the Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel........I stayed there in 2004 - good location and secure underground parking. Don't recall it being hugely expensive, either?

Sidicks