[Audi A3/S3] Anyone driven a 170 diesel yet?

jonlip

Hi jonlip welcome to TSN. I did try to get a testdrive booked but there were not that many demos around near me. I did have one booked but it was a week and a half after when I wanted it. In the end I didn't go for the test but I think it should be a good engine especially with quattro.

[ QUOTE ]

Why not go and test drive one for yourself and you decide, at the end of the day its you who will be driving it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hardly a warm welcome for a new member there.... slap.gif

Welcome to TSN jonlip!! beerchug.gif

I haven't test drove one, but I would be keen to hear what you think of it if you try it out! 169144-ok.gif

A remapped 170 Quattro would be a nice car IMO.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Why not go and test drive one for yourself and you decide, at the end of the day its you who will be driving it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hardly a warm welcome for a new member there.... slap.gif

Welcome to TSN jonlip!! beerchug.gif

I haven't test drove one, but I would be keen to hear what you think of it if you try it out! 169144-ok.gif

A remapped 170 Quattro would be a nice car IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does nobody like the truth???

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I have already test driven a 2.0TDI (140) with DSG and a 2.0TFSI quattro manual (my local dealership is still waiting delivery of their demo 170). Also did the obligatory test drive of a golf gti. Frankly, you just feel you are getting more quality for your money with the a3 - a more refined drive and IMO a sportier looking 5dr.

I am finding quite hard to decide between the petrol or the new diesel with 170bhp. I did like the DSG and have decided on that - therefore I can't have quattro (is that right). I think the mid range acceleration is more important in everyday driving than sprinting from standstill. Would the new diesel be better than the petrol in the mid range - anyone got any 30-50 or similar figures to compare and is quattro important in such a potent diesel? Also should dealers offer the usual 8-10% on the new diesel.

Thanks for your help

the 140 can be remapped to 170+,plus they are cheaper,so you could get sline with extras for the same money as a standard 170,look around first,demos are great.iv a 140 remapped,its quick plus mpg has got better.if your lookin to spend up to 28k i would wait for november,....the S3!!!!!