This should ruffle some feathers!

Simonl

Not meaning to be argumentative here, but what the hell.

What is the point? Perhaps I just don't see much point in winding people up needlessly..

Aren't the VXR drivers entitled to think they have bought the best car in the world? I think (given budget and size constraints) I bought the best car I could find to suit my driving style etc, I expect the VXR'rs believe they have done the same.

Slightly off topic...but have any GTI owners here driven the VXR?

I personally haven't but my father in law has and really gave it a good hard drive simultaneously terrifying the sales guy I understand! Whilst he agreed that it was all over the place in terms of trying to apply it's power, he reckoned it's the best car he'd driven for pure fun and involvement since he gave up motorbikes. He's always driven fairly nippy cars too...Fiat Coupe Turbo and similar quick stuff over the years.

I agree with most on here that the GTI is IMO the best allrounder but if you're just looking for a thrills car that demands driver involvement then the VXR is probably just the job...good looking too 169144-ok.gif

IIRC the VXR costs about £18k and for the money it's a lot of car. Again, as often stated on the GTI forum, the words individuals use to describe the performance of their car is often very much based upon previous experience. If £18k is your max budget and you've always driven newish cars then I should imagine that for many the VXR would be the fastest thing they'd driven and would probably describe it's capabilities a little over enthusiastically.