Mk5 is nowhere near as special as the Mk4 -discuss

lenny

As a Mk4 R32 owner.......... I still miss it and regret selling it (I have a 300bhp focus ST now) beerchug.gif

I must say I am sooooooo glad I didn't get a mk5 R32....

I drove one and was soooo disapointed Flush.gif

So is the mk5 in the same league as the mk4...............?

Honestly..............

No Feckin way the_finger.gif

Guys keep your Mk4's

Been discussed many times before. Both are very good and have their merits. I prefer the look of the MKIV but would still have my MKV over it as the chassis is better.

I think the MKV is aimed more at the general public though and the MKIV was aimed more at hardcore enthusiasts. Pretty much the same way the Focus RS was aimed at the driver and the Focus ST is aimed at Mr General Public.

I test drove the Focus ST when I was looking to change my car, but it wasn't powerful enough for me. Lovely car nonetheless, but I'd not want 300bhp through the front wheels smashfreakB.gif

there will always be people who love one or the other, for me you can never top the original. there is something about a dbp mk iv (limited edition colour?) and the way the original looks, its presence on the road is something that the mkv just cannot replicate. the mkv is a very nice car but i will keep my mk iv thanks. smlove2.gif

Having thrashed the t*ts of all the Mk5 R32s at Castle Combe at the weekend in my humbly modified Mk4, I can wholeheartedly say that I still really like my car, but it's not really about Mk4 vs Mk5.

Each to their own lenny - it's not that the Mk5 isn't my kind of thing - it's actually grown on me. It's more the fact that if I went out and bought one today, I know, I just know that I'd end up spending the same kind of money I have on mine to get the Mk5 to do the same things - so not really very easy to justify to myself.

And at the end of the day, at least we can all sleep safe in the knowledge that none of the R32s, whether Mk4 or Mk5 will be as quick as a Golf GTI... tongue.gif