Funny rattle

Paullorman

Hi all,

I have a 2001 A6 Quattro which has developed a funny metallic rattle coming from the nearside as I drive along bumpy roads. I can only really here it with the passnger side windows open but it annoys me like mad. It stops when either I click on the handbrake a couple of clicks or touch the foot brakes. I have yet to go under and poke around, I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul

Fixed it grin.gif

Turned out to be the stealer fekr.gif fitted my rear brake pads incorrectly!! They managed to get the outer pad anti rattle spring through the caliper instead of it doing its job stopping the pad from bouncing around! I ask you, why when you pay the bast*rds £90 an hour do they still manage to co*k it up! buttcheeks.gif

Nice one in fixing it! Good job the brakes "only" rattled and not failed by the screw up, I would be making a call to the technician that did the work to educate him in basic brake service mad.gif. Makes you wander how many other cars are out there with incorrectly installed brakes!

That's really my point. Last week I had to re-fit the vacuum hoses after the stealer failed to do this after an engine out warranty work. Then I find the brake issue, can they do anything right??? I know everyone makes mistakes but it seems greater attention to detail is needed at Stealer HQ. For those interested, the garage is a large one located over the M23 (Junction 10a) near <font color="red"> </font>Crawley <font color="black"> </font> and they sell <font color="red"> </font> Audis the_finger.gif