OEM bluetooth - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fergy

Sorry.. I was under the impression you had RNS-E smashfreakB.gif

The only thing I can think of is: in the phone go to Settings and COnnectivity, then Bluetooth. Go down to Handsfree, then My Handsfree in the next menu. You should be able to select the car BT as a handsfree in there. Press the "More" softkey and go to Allow connection. In that menu, select Always Allow.

Those menus are from my K800i but I think they are pretty similar.

ok shark, thanks for the help.. the options on the audi (more ) option are SERVICES / RENAME / DELETE.

On INCOMING CALL option I have Selected IN HANDSFREE. Divert Calls OFF.

Accept Call ALL.

Answering Mode AUTOMATIC

Accessories Car HANDSFREE

It's not a great deal of use. Audi are utterly useless too, even though you'll find that your phone will work in other Audis with no problem, if your handset isn't on the 'approved' list (including firmware revision) then they won't help you.

The options are to live with it, buy a different phone, get the bluetooth module changed (£).

Or of course you could use the Sony Ericsson Update Service (SEUS) to update the firmware on the phone and see if it fixes it.

Also - I wasn't referring to the menu options on the car, I was referring to the menu options on the phone. It's the "Allow always" in the automatic connection bit that I'm really trying to direct you towards here.

Yes its brand new. how do you get the SEUS update and finally where is the Allow Always option. I dont seem to have it. Soory to be so feccking useless iamwithstupid.gif

Just tried it in the X5 and it picks up all the names on the computer but when you dial the phone screen says 'transferred to phone'

Mines the same, but you do get the option when it rings to transfer the call to the car and the same on dialling out. It mutes the stereo but that’s it. The phones fine on a Motorola blue tooth headset but the calls are answered by touching the headset. I think if i had the multifunction it would work. Also updated the firmware and its made no diff. Looking at forums it seems to be a problem with the Sony handsets. I'm going to upgrade soon for a Motorola or Nokia they don't seem to have any probs.

If you find the solution pls post

Shipy

Thanks Shark...Resigned to the fact that Ill send it back and stick with my cradle and Nokia 6100. Sod the Bluetooth. BMW salesman said can have upto 8 phones on at once on bluetooth in the X5. Just tried connecting both and only allows 1. Hence waste of time having 2 bluetooths in car at once. Thanks for the advice guys 169144-ok.gif