Remap for the B7 2.0TDI 140

TDiAvant

Right I’m toying with the idea of get the engine remapped. Now I was thinking of AMD but after reading the following post Link and looking at there prices, I’m thinking there out. So who is left?

Also what is the warranty situation? If I increase the BHP of the car, will I lose warranty on the drive train, suspension, coolant system etc etc.. And how long will tuners warranty the engine for?

As the car is only 3 months old should I wait till the engine has run-in say about 10k miles?

One last question would this affect the resale value of the car in three years time?

Thanks for any info

I would personally wait until it's run in, as those engines loosen up loads on their own. The 1.9TDi's weren't properly run in until 30k+ miles.

Warranty is a dodgy one, if something that directly relates to the remap died, then you'd end up having to pay for it. I suppose that it could extend as far as the entire engine, as it's working outside factory parameters, but your dealer might overlook certain things. I would say that your drivetrain (unless auto/DSG perhaps) and definately suspension couldn't be related to a remap at all though 169144-ok.gif The best thing to do is get friendly with someone in service at the dealers and drop a couple of hints and see what the reaction is. I'd be careful though. Having said that, both my A4's have been remapped and neither have had problems relating to the remap, and I do shedloads of miles so I'm a good test case. On the flip side of that, both of them have been out of warranty.

As for the resale of the car - if you're selling it to an enthusiast, I think it could be seen as a benefit. If you're trading it in, then whether you tell them or not is up to you. If you're selling privately, then it's a difficult one to call. Some buyers will like it, some will take the view that it's likely to have been thrashed.

Either way, you can get it taken off and no one's any wiser sekret.gif I think Revo take it back off and reset it back to standard for free 169144-ok.gif

Thanks guys I’ll take a look at REVO beerchug.gif

Talking about running in I just did a run today of about 200miles I sat the car at about 70 and went straight up the A1 and back. I got average mpg of 52 going there and 51 coming back, is that about right for the TDI or will it get better when it run in. BTW It’s got 7k on the clock at the moment. EEK2.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

ITs a bit further to travel, but you could try RSD (www.rsdcars-uk.co.uk) they are Oettinger agents for UK and I have never had a bad review of OEttinger products here or in Europe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, I think there were quite a few on Cupranet before they re established themselves at the new premises, not going into too much detail but shall we say piggy back eproms held on with Mo More Nails jump.gifsekret.gif

• 2 weeks later...