Buying Advice

kirium225

Sorry in advance if this topic has been covered before. I am looking to buy a M3 (04 onwards) in the next couple of weeks or so and i need some advice. I do not really want to buy from a main dealer as i feel there prices are to high, so it leaves me buying private or from a independent dealer.

What i would like to know from you guys is have any of you bought from a independent dealer, or private. I been to see a independent dealer near to where i live and i must say he has some nice examples, at reasonable prices. Not to sure either about buying private. Your views much appreciated.

Make sure its had its "run in service" before 1600 miles. Check that any recalls have be carried out and software updates have been done. I like the Imola red leather.

If you can hang on a couple of months cabs usualy drop a bit come winter.

More experience guys will be along later to give more advice. MrMe or Gareth give this man a hand.

Its difficult cause the car is sold as seen. You may get a little more for your money but a dealer may give you that extra piece of mind. At the end of the day you pays your money you makes ya choice, and i would buy it on the car not where its from.

Just make sure if you do go private you go on a dry day and take your time looking round it. You are spending huge money so dont let the seller rush you. Go for a long test drive on different roads (seller will want you to go on nice smooth roads) with roof up and down. For the age and money the car should be perfect.

Wait a bit longer and buy a CS, they're currently about £37k+ but are the best M3 other than a CSL. Interlagos blue with silverstone leather, with the 19" CSL style wheels, absolutely gorgeous car.

Otherwise, stay clear of Carbon Black, way to common and with the M3 at the end of it's run, you want something a bit different to keep the value up come resale time. Silver Grey, Estoril Blue or Steel Grey are the best colours on a standard M3. Imola, silver, Kiwi and cinnamon are the best interior colours. SMG/Sat Nav/HK are a must for resale values too.

Good luck. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Wait a bit longer and buy a CS, they're currently about £37k+ but are the best M3 other than a CSL. Interlagos blue with silverstone leather, with the 19" CSL style wheels, absolutely gorgeous car.

Otherwise, stay clear of Carbon Black, way to common and with the M3 at the end of it's run, you want something a bit different to keep the value up come resale time. Silver Grey, Estoril Blue or Steel Grey are the best colours on a standard M3. Imola, silver, Kiwi and cinnamon are the best interior colours. SMG/Sat Nav/HK are a must for resale values too.

Good luck. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm familiar with the CSL, but not with the CS. Can you enlighten me, thanks.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Good luck. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm familiar with the CSL, but not with the CS. Can you enlighten me, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

The CS was introduced as the run out model of the E46 M3, it's the same engine etc, but has the sport button from the CSL, CSL style rims, bigger brakes, quicker steering rack from the CSL and an alcantara steering wheel! cool.gif